consumer advice for my roommate

consumer advice for my roommate

• Total voters

wooflepoof

WoofleDay
Car(s)
Genesis Sedan 3.8
Easy, shes looking at a Lancer, Malibu, or Cobalt. What'd you have? they're all in the '00-'05 range btw

Lancer for me.

I've heard the malibus aren't complete trash, wheras personally i've never enjoyed lancers, Mitsubishi is kind of the cheap and crappy of the Japanese company, i really don't recommend them, they happen to be atleast as boring as most japanese cars, but without the outstanding reliability.

Only 2000-2005 models?

Well in that case, I'd either go with a supercharged Cobalt SS or a Lancer Ralliart.

* I accidentally voted for the Malibu because I thought we were talking about the 2008 model.

Get the Cobalt, SS if possible. The old Malibu and Lancer are gutless.

I had a 2006 Cobalt rental car for about a week and a half when my Disco was in the body shop. I expected to hate the car but it completely won me over. It was easy to drive, had a decently good ride for a cheap car, and was surprisingly comfortable. The steering and brakes felt just about perfect for normal driving. It was very economical too (I averaged about 30mpg according to the onboard computer). A part of me hated to give it up when I had to go claim the Rover.

suprised by your happy comments, buti have heard that at the very least its much much much better then the piece of crap cavaliar it replaced

very least its much much much better then the piece of crap cavaliar it replaced
My '02 Z24 wasn't all that bad :p. Out of those choices, the Cobalt is the definate favor in my eyes.

Fuck that shit, buy a Triumph GT6 instead.

les-gt6.jpg

:blink:

Seriously though, the Cobalt SS would be a good choice.

Yeah, all of those cars in the specified year ranges are...rubbish. Really, tell her to get a Civic.

Last edited:
I would take a look at a Civic from that year range or a Ford Focus. I don't think I would have any of those.

Is there a forth, suicide option? Its like whats your favorite color, beige, cream, or egg-shell. For the money there are def better options.

Take the Cobalt. It's briliant, especially considering the car it replaced.

Yes a CIVIC would be better. In Europe I'd go for a car from an American owned company tho', Focus or Astra - strange that.

BlaRo

We call that a Trimuph Spitfire.

http://www.adclassix.com/images/73spitfire.jpg

http://www.swaqvalley.com/Blueprints/1967_Triumph_Spitfire_Mk_III.jpg

Ok, I admit I was drunk when I posted that because my love for old British sports cars knows no bounds. But the GT6 is essentially a hardtop Spitfire anyway, that particular example being a MkII.

Here's the rear:

800px-Triumph_retouch.jpg

:)

What is the price range? I voted Malibu because its the most practical choice. The Ford Focus is a great car to drive though, tell him to look into trying out one of those.