Chevrolet to get rear-drive BMW-fighter; car to share platform with sub-CTS Cadillac

That picture is just a Holden Concept, with a changed badge and different colour, they didn't even bother to change the wheels or the badge on the wheels.

The way things are going why don't Holden just make all the cars for the GM company's in the USA, there basically designing all of Pontiac's cars, now also making the design for a new RWD sedan for Chevy. LOL this and VE are going to be the exact same cars basically.

That picture is just a Holden Concept, with a changed badge and different colour, they didn't even bother to change the wheels or the badge on the wheels.

The way things are going why don't Holden just make all the cars for the GM company's in the USA, there basically designing all of Pontiac's cars, now also making the design for a new RWD sedan for Chevy. LOL this and VE are going to be the exact same cars basically.

By golly gosh you're right, that's just the Torana concept - We should have really made that .... Even if the above is a pretty shitty PS of Chevy badges on it :p

That's because they are about the same size and are sedans. The back of both cars don't really look alike.

I never said the cars had similar looking back ends, because I've seen both, and they don't. Based only on one picture, I said the front looks similar.

Don't get the wrong impression, I do like this car and hope it makes it into production.

Looks like Pontiac will be getting a version after all. Good news!!!!:D

Earlier this month, it was reported that Chevrolet ? not Pontiac ? would get a vehicle based on the rear-wheel drive Alpha platform. However, according to an online post by GM chairman Bob Lutz, Pontiac will be getting a car based on the Alpha platform. Lutz even called the earlier report "totally untrue." The Alpha architecture will also underpin a future Cadillac, slated to slot below the CTS.

GM needs a volume car for the Alpha program to make fiscal sense, which is where the Chevrolet vs. Pontiac debate comes into play. However, Lutz didn't rule out both marques getting a car based on the Alpha platform.

GM is hoping to pull from its Lambda program ? which underpins four crossovers: the Buick Enclave, GMC Acadia, Saturn Outlook and upcoming Chevrolet Traverse ? in order to successfully differentiate the Chevy or Pontiac model from the Cadillac.

According to Motor Trend, GM is also considering moving the Pontiac Solstice and Saturn Sky from their current Kappa platform to Alpha in 2013. GM could not find a way to stretch the Kappa platform to underpin a rear-drive sedan, but could shorten the Alpha platform to work in a two-seat sports car.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/chevrolet-to-get-compact-rear-drive-sedan.html

TheGMSource - The joys of the Internet, and once again, proof that the days of print publication (I'm looking at you, Motor Trend) and the like are becoming less of a source of reporting news on the automotive industry.

A few days ago Motor Trend reported that Pontiac will not receive a model off of GM's new global architecture Alpha. Well, news is coming down straight from the man at the top, our favorite executive. Yes, if you haven't figured it out yet, we're talking about the cigar smokin, helicopter flying, stock sellin' Maximum Bob.

A member of a popular Internet web-site devoted to GM, CheersandGears.com e-mailed Maximum Bob regarding the rumor that Pontiac was shunned from Alphas plans in North America. In true form, and as true as it is, when you need something done you go straight to the top. Lutz had this to say in response to the rumor:

I emailed Lutz about it, here is what he said (hopefully he does not care, he didn't care another time someone posted something he emailed them):

"Totally untrue. Don't believe everything you read on the internet! Valuable advice! Even in politics...or esecially!"

Take it for what it's worth, but when it comes from "the man" one can only believe what Lutz is saying. Great news for Pontiac owners and enthusiasts in deed. Now, lets hope that we get a copy of the Holden Torana (pictured above) that was on a heavily modified version of GM's Kappa architecture.

http://www.thegmsource.com/index.php?categoryid=10&p2_articleid=751