Some car shots from the IOM

amadeus

Car(s)
Mercedes 300TE (W124)
Just some recent shots from around the Isle of Man. Hope you like them and feedback always welcome - I'm by no means pro - just like the scenary here and cars :)

Nissan Navara

Navara800x600-02.jpg

Navara800x600-01.jpg

Lotus

Lotus800x600-02.jpg

Lotus800x600-01.jpg

Lexus Hybrid thingy

LexusRX400-800x600-2.jpg

LexusRX400-800x600-1.jpg

LEXUS.jpg

Corsa VXR

CorsaVXR-800-600-2.jpg

New M3

BMWM3-800x600-02.jpg

Astra VXR

AstraVXR800x600-2.jpg

AstraVXR800x600-1.jpg

The Corsa shot is pretty cool, my favourite from this set.

1st Astra shot has unnecessary HDR filter/processing on it imo. 2nd one is missing some space on the left, very tight cropping. 2nd Nissan shot is also pretty cool but unfortunately a bit too tight cropping there as well, I think. Others look ok.

General remark, why do you have so much compression on your images? They have a lot of artifacts which ruins them a lot.

Overall nice work, keep the nice cars coming. ;)

Those are some pretty snaps there! How come you have access to so many great cars?

Also, on a purely selfish note, do you have that first shot of the Lotus in a larger resolution? I'd love to have it for a desktop background.

pdanev said:
The Corsa shot is pretty cool, my favourite from this set.

1st Astra shot has unnecessary HDR filter/processing on it imo. 2nd one is missing some space on the left, very tight cropping. 2nd Nissan shot is also pretty cool but unfortunately a bit too tight cropping there as well, I think. Others look ok.

General remark, why do you have so much compression on your images? They have a lot of artifacts which ruins them a lot.

Overall nice work, keep the nice cars coming.

Cheers for that. They're not highest quality - just the gallery versions I use here and there, hence lower quality. Still learning and trying new stuff all the time - and a fan of HDR in all it's somtimes overused glory, as you noticed :lol:

Those are some pretty snaps there! How come you have access to so many great cars?

Also, on a purely selfish note, do you have that first shot of the Lotus in a larger resolution? I'd love to have it for a desktop background.

That's the great thing about this little Island: It's all still pretty much a small community and as there's only one ferry, there's no risk of anyone nicking a motor, which in turn means it's easier to get a few cars from dealerships for a day. It's part hobby, part work for my own little road safety / anti speed limit thing.

Let me know what size you want and I'll have a look for a bigger Lotus...

A few more for the fun of it:

Citroen C4. A few hundred meters to the left is JC's lighthouse cottage - nice scenary down there.

C4-800-600-1.jpg

Lotus & ML 320. I think I call this one "The Greenpeace Heart Attack"

LotusML320-800x600.jpg

S320 CDI

S320-800x600.jpg

The newest one from last week - Daihatsu Materia, or Toyota Scion if you're from the US of A. Seems a real Marmite car - love it or hate it.

Materia800x600-01.jpg

Materia800x600-02.jpg

Nope, I'm the one who started the opposition to the government's latest speed limit plans last year. In the end, we got our way - for now.....

Do you have any higher res versions of the second Espirit picture (the 4th one down from the top)?

Nope, I'm the one who started the opposition to the government's latest speed limit plans last year. In the end, we got our way - for now.....
Why would anyone think it is a good idea to put speed limits in IoM? One of the unique characteristics of a lovely friendly island (I've been twice for work unfortunately so I did not have all that free time) is the fact you can hoon around where no one lives and no one objects.

Why would anyone think it is a good idea to put speed limits in IoM? One of the unique characteristics of a lovely friendly island (I've been twice for work unfortunately so I did not have all that free time) is the fact you can hoon around where no one lives and no one objects.

Sadly, the stretches of road where you can do so are becoming less and less. The Department of Transport here tries to put up as many signs as possible and usually follows the nanny state UK all the time, instead of using their brains once in a while. Basically, career civil servants at their worst.

Mountain Road is still unlimited and will hopefully remain so, although I'd warn anyone about putting the pedal to the metal on the first visit - little margin for error up there and plenty of hills to roll down or stone walls to crash into. Still - one of the greatest roads in the world & a must do pilgrimage.

Lotus in 1024x768:

Lotus1024x768-02.jpg

Lotus1024x768-01.jpg

Wow. How do you get all these cars? I would guess from the manufacturers due to the numberplates. I'd love your job.

Very nice pictures. How I wish I'm not stuck in London and living on IOM with the beautiful roads there.

On a side note, do you work for Amadeus?

Very nice pictures. How I wish I'm not stuck in London and living on IOM with the beautiful roads there.

On a side note, do you work for Amadeus?

Thanks. Was thinking about moving to London for a while for my day job, but even though I could earn more money there, I'm not gonna swap this place for red Ken's motoring nightmare....

Much rather enjoy the view here

CtownHarbour.jpg

Sun02.jpg

and then go for relaxed drive along the unrestricted, holy Mountain Road 8)

MountainRoad.jpg

(Amadeus was just always somehow my username for stuff, btw - not working for anyone by that name)

Some more - A Pug and a C6

Pug02.jpg

C6.jpg

Awesome photos. Great skills. You lucky men, IoM is for sure one of the most beautiful places on the earth.

Where do you get all these cars from??