Top Gear test track to be in Gran Turismo 5

There's already a version of the track for the PC game RFactor. I haven't bought the game so I can't tell you what it's like though.

Last I checked it was Xbox Live that you had to pay for, not Sony Online.

That was more referred to the rumours that you'll have to download cars and tracks for cash, and with 900 cars available and a decent selection of tracks that'll significinatly add up no matter whether you'll have to additionally pay for the online services or not.

There's already a version of the track for the PC game RFactor. I haven't bought the game so I can't tell you what it's like though.

That came free with my Logitech G25. Never played it though.

I think there will be more PS3 sales just to play this then all the sales prior. I know I'll get one!
I just did for this sole reason. :) (ok, MGS4 too)

My Wallet is empty now, but f*ck it. I'll be cruisin' around the test track in a year or so. :D

That was more referred to the rumours that you'll have to download cars and tracks for cash, and with 900 cars available and a decent selection of tracks that'll significinatly add up no matter whether you'll have to additionally pay for the online services or not.

I can put money on the 900 cars being available from the get go, with most of the tracks also being available from the get go.

But we will see how the downloads of the new content pans out.

the top gear track is not a circuit though cos its goes back on itself at the followthrough, so how will this work in the game? cant wait to see it!

There have been other games with tracks like this, and it has worked, so don't worry...

I think it would be something like the "Gynkhana(?)" track, where you only got to set times, not have races with other cars.

I can put money on the 900 cars being available from the get go, with most of the tracks also being available from the get go.

As a person who has came to FinalGear from a Gran Turismo forum I can pretty much gurantee that TG got their facts wrong by saying there is going to be over 900 cars. The producer of GT, has said there is going to be less cars this time than GT4. The reason for this is that each car takes 6 months to build and they contain around 120,000 polygons each. So simply there isn't going to be 900 cars on the game. Track wise, we have no idea how many could be on it, simply as we have to wait for GT5P to be released first before we can start thinking about the full game.

I hope this information is useful to you.

the top gear track is not a circuit though cos its goes back on itself at the followthrough, so how will this work in the game? cant wait to see it!
It will be only a test track!
Also in GT4 there is a track that is never used for races

It will be only a test track!
Also in GT4 there is a track that is never used for races

isn't it with checkpoints or something, that have to be reached in a certain order to validate the lap and wloud be placed in key points so you can't cheat

Cheating isn't the main problem with tracks which double on themselves. Car collisions in overlapping segments would be a bigger problem.

isn't it with checkpoints or something, that have to be reached in a certain order to validate the lap and wloud be placed in key points so you can't cheat

That is a good possibility. But I don't think there will be obvious time checkpoints since there isn't any in the real life. I would guess that the lap will be validated by the distance covered by the car in the lap.

Should be pretty easy for them really. :)

As a person who has came to FinalGear from a Gran Turismo forum I can pretty much gurantee that TG got their facts wrong by saying there is going to be over 900 cars. The producer of GT, has said there is going to be less cars this time than GT4. The reason for this is that each car takes 6 months to build and they contain around 120,000 polygons each. So simply there isn't going to be 900 cars on the game. Track wise, we have no idea how many could be on it, simply as we have to wait for GT5P to be released first before we can start thinking about the full game.

I hope this information is useful to you.

They are actually 200,000 polygons and would take 6 weeks per developer. They hired more developers before they started making the game, but you are right there probably still wont be 900 maybe 500 something. The head dev said that they have about 300 cars done in a Game Trailers (I think) interview, so at least 500 by the time GT5 is completely done.

I've just downloaded and tried out a version of the TG test track for GTR2 (no Suzuki Liana though) as I don't have rFactor (yet). Quite a difficult track to get around surprisingly. The rises and dips in the track aren't on this track but it's still pretty good.

^ Thats because there aren't many bumps and dips on the track. How would you feel if your local airport had banked taxiways? Actually that would be pretty cool, but you get the idea.

I have tried the rFactor-version of the track and actually, it's great. Everything is realistic, and no problems at all with cutting the track warnings or anything. Only thing is that you are about 5 seconds faster in the game than The Stigs times on the show. I guess that is because the cars are made better than they are in real life, or that you dare more in a game than in real life.

^ Yeah. Clarkson proved that when he tried to beat himself in the Honda NSX at Laguna Seca. On games the brakes are better, as is the grip and acceleration. And you feel braver. Not that that affects the Stig's time though.