(Non americans) who are you stereotypic 'unwelcome ppl who knock on your door'?

How many? None.

No door bell. And knocking is not possible because there are two locked doors until you can reach my door. Never been disturbed. My home is my castle. Works fine.

If you wanna visit me, you have to send my an e-mail first. All the people around me know that. It's the same way why I have no telephone (I have a mobile, but only my girl and my closest friends have the number, and my phone is off the most time).

In short: You cannot disturb me when I don't wanna be disturbed. No chance.

Greetings, lip

I live in an appartment building and soliciting is not allowed on the property. Nobody knocking on my door. They can't even get in without a key. And even if they did and they managed to get by the concierge without being noticed, one call from my neighbors to security and they're out of here before they even reach the fifth door.
That's right, take your jehova's witnessing somewhere else!!:rolleyes:

The one thing I can't do anything about are telemarketers, whether they be commerce, religious or charity. So what I do is I have my way with them ... let them be put in an awkward position while I get a chuckle out of it. :lol:

How many? None.

No door bell. And knocking is not possible because there are two locked doors until you can reach my door. Never been disturbed. My home is my castle. Works fine.

If you wanna visit me, you have to send my an e-mail first. All the people around me know that. It's the same way why I have no telephone (I have a mobile, but only my girl and my closest friends have the number, and my phone is off the most time).

In short: You cannot disturb me when I don't wanna be disturbed. No chance.

Greetings, lip

Wouldn't knocking on peoples door to sell stuff illegal in Switzerland?

We've only had one incident like that were my mum was asked to do a survey, she said no and the guy walked away, no arguing at all.

However we have had incidents were we were in the shopping centre (mall) and people would walk up to us and try to sell us apartments or make us apply for credit cards.

I look sorta like someone who competes in ultimate fight or something like that,
so the regular reaction is "I see you're busy, we'll drop by some other time" :D

Just answer the door in the nude.

Just answer the door in the nude.

:lol: I acctually did that once (not entirely nude but in my boxers), and on top of it i responded to hello with "al salamu alaikum" (not sure how to spell it properly).

The poor mormon got so confused he just mumbled something and walked away glancing over his shoulder. We never had a visit from them again.

I hate the mormons and jehova's people - they just don't take a simple no thank you as an answer. And you can't be rude to them since they are so polite.
BTW they are building a huge center not far from where i lived. I'm so happy to have moved.

No-one knocks on my door (if they do ring the bell I can go to the balcony and see who it is...)

What I'm talking about is the modern day equivalent... cold calling.

During the last 2 months Ya.com have called me 7 times (while I was home, fuck knows how many times while I wasn't).

They've rung on a Monday at 8 AM, a Saturday at 5PM, a Sunday at 11PM (for fucks sake) and more besides...

The last 5 times I've told them to take me off the database but it does no good... What can I do ?

No-one knocks on my door (if they do ring the bell I can go to the balcony and see who it is...)

What I'm talking about is the modern day equivalent... cold calling.

During the last 2 months Ya.com have called me 7 times (while I was home, fuck knows how many times while I wasn't).

They've rung on a Monday at 8 AM, a Saturday at 5PM, a Sunday at 11PM (for fucks sake) and more besides...

The last 5 times I've told them to take me off the database but it does no good... What can I do ?

If you know any three year olds, hand the phone to them. They love talking to telemarketers!

It's mostly charity here, always asking me to spend some money on a girl I've never heard of, who's always apparently really sick and always needs lots of money for an operation, always in a foreign country. I always say I just don't have any money.

I'm not a charity man, thankyouverymuch. If little Darina has a misformed liver from birth and needs an operation in the next 6 months, which can only be done in Switzerland I like to think I'm doing my bit for natural selection by not giving a shit about it.

electric gate + video intercom => they don't even bother trying