Was Hamilton cutting the hammer-head?

Yeah I looked up the Stig's lap for reference a few days ago, I was shocked at how much better it looked than Hamilton's.

The laps they show are almost all just a collection of clips of different laps that they string together.

well with kips clip it shows he really is cutting the hammer head You can see the red and white line. . dont really care about the other corner.

i am very interested to see hamilton's dry time. but... i like to think that no one is faster than the stig around that track and would be somewhat disappointed if hamilton was above the stig on the board.

well with kips clip it shows he really is cutting the hammer head You can see the red and white line. . dont really care about the other corner.

I have reviewed that clip about 20 times and I think he always has at least one tyre in contact with the line so he is not cutting.
They way he also slewed across the corner, he would received no real advantage even if he was fully off the line for a fraction of a second.
The other clip showed he was clearly on the track at all times on that corner.

hmmmm ive gotta say, i really think he made up some precious time by cutting the hammerhead a bit too fine...that last corner was fine though, almost every person that comes through goes through there :p

Seems they now use a cone there. The SIARPC did his lap on a really wet track again and there was a cone there so he didn't cut it.

Seems they now use a cone there. The SIARPC did his lap on a really wet track again and there was a cone there so he didn't cut it.

I think they realize this problem, or they read this thread.
Who said this thread is useless? That cone means they don't want people cutting that corner.

Last edited:
<_< The last thing I want when driving in the rain is to be stuck behind someone, or have someone tailing me. Clogging up the right (overtaking) lane isn't a good thing to do here in Oz.
If the rain is too difficult to drive in get some better windscreen wipers or pull over until it settles.

Exactly. Following another car in the rain is the last thing you want to do because if they fuck up, you fuck up. And clogging up the right hand is the wrong thing to be doing for sure. If only those normal fuckheads understood that.