Toyota Camry, 2007 or 2008?

I'm getting this car for my granny, who's Asian (Japanese, that's why she's so into Toyota's).

My boss is Vietnamese, Shes however drives a Accord and used to have a BMW :p, for some reason she hates most other Asains, even though the restaurant she owns and runs is "Asain Cuisine." Dispite that the food is brilliant :), Mexican chefs!

My boss is Vietnamese, Shes however drives a Accord and used to have a BMW :p, for some reason she hates most other Asains, even though the restaurant she owns and runs is "Asain Cuisine." Dispite that the food is brilliant :), Mexican chefs!

Wait a minute..........she's Vietnamese, so she's Asian. That means she hates herself? :?

Just get the 07, and bargain as much off the price as you can. The extra $3000 will matter none if the car's going to be kept for a while, and let's face it, it's a Camry, no point spending too much money on the thing. Ring around, and see who will sell you one for the least. Kinda like that TG van review, I guess.

I wonder if you could get one for under $20,000CAD? How about going and buying one from south of the border?

If you can, get one without the horrible silver plastic centre console. That both looks ugly and will look even worse in a few years with some scratches. The foot-operated parking brake is a dumb idea too, IMO.

Last edited:
My family is biased towards Toyota's, plus the Camry is the one my granny wants, so basically I have no choice but to buy what she wants. Quite frankly, even if a Hyundai Sonata is proven to be a better car than a Camry, my granny is still going to say there are tons of problems with the Sonata and that the Camry is a lot better. That's how biased she is.
Its a trust factor, Toyota at least with Asians manages to keep very strong loyalty so its generally Toyota, Honda or nothing. Every single one of my relatives had at least 1 Toyota in their life and no contest it always lasted the longest and was cheapest to repair. Reliability sells very well due to most Asians going for value for money.

Im not sure if its just AUS production Camry's but the late '07 were upgraded with VSC as standard so I guess in that sense it really doesn't matter which year model you go for

OK, so I went to the dealer today, and after a short test drive, I bought the 2007 model in Silver. Since I'm going to finance the car (I get 2.9% financing for 60 months, compared to 4.9% for the 2008 model :) ), I have to wait for the dealer to call back tomorrow if everything's OK. Hope all goes well!

It's the truth. The car has no soul, kinda like Anne Coulter or an iPod. But, don't worry it will run forever.

Exactly what a 70-year-old is looking for. :p

And I got a call back from the dealer yesterday, my credit has been approved, and the car should be ready by the end of the week. Another hole burned in my wallet.........