What kind of Citroen is this?

edkwon

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2020 Kia Telluride, Tesla Model Y
Saw this in a local parking lot, looks like a later model than a DS, but i didn't see any telltale badging.

http://img98.imageshack.**/img98/747/citroenrk9.jpg

That's a Citroen SM, its a product of the time when Citroen owned Maserati. The V6 engine in the SM is a Maserati engine.

Wow, that's a truly epic find, one of my favorite cars there. :drool:

Great cars!

I spotted one in Berlin last year.

https://pic.armedcats.net/2007/12/10/P5270458med.JPG

What movie(s) is it where they drive one of those? :hmm:

Zoolander?

But like always, wiki to the rescue.
Like the Citro?n DS, the SM has made prominent appearances in several films and TV series, and has had many celebrity owners. Emperor and religious icon Haile Selassie I of Ethiopia had an SM, while Ugandan strongman Idi Amin had seven of them. The Shah of Iran drove an SM. Actors Lorne Greene and Lee Majors, President of the USSR Leonid Brezhnev, composer John Williams, author Graham Greene, soccer star Johan Cruijff, entertainers Jay Leno, Cheech Marin, and Thomas Chong were among other prominent owners of the SM.
Burt Reynolds escapes a fleet of police cars behind the wheel of an SM in the 1974 film The Longest Yard. In the film, having driven the car to a quayside, Reynolds gets out of the car and nudges the car into gear, causing it to drive itself into the water. This is an amusing aspect of the film, as it required the use of an automatic-equipped SM, since this could not have been done with the manual transmission-equipped SM used in the rest of the chase sequence without either grinding the gears or stalling the engine. In real life, he liked the car so much that he gave an SM to his friend Dinah Shore.
Janet Jackson appears in an SM with a red leather interior in the music video for the 1998 hit song I Get Lonely from the Velvet Rope album.
Patrick McGoohan drives an SM in a 1975 episode of the American television series Columbo while Gerry Anderson's 1971 television series, The Protectors, prominently featured a platinum blue SM.
Ben Stiller is kidnapped in a green SM in the 2001 film Zoolander, and an SM is also used in an attempted kidnapping in the 1975 Charles Bronson film Breakout.
While not bearing a resemblance to any other car on the market, the SM did resemble the vehicles featured on the 1970 science fiction television program UFO.
Sven V?th and Miss Kittin drive a modified Citro?n SM in their video from the single Je T'Aime Moi Non Plus. At the back of the vehicle there is a silver sign "Injection Electronique" and the front grille is in the shape of a text, namely "Miss Kittin".

SM..... reminds me of..................

bondage. :p

Yep, the gear lever actually sticks out of the middle of the driver's seat.

The one i spotted was in los angeles, believe it or not, a lot of older quirky european cars can be found all over the place there, and nowhere else in the country.

SM..... reminds me of..................

bondage. :p
Jay Leno did a segment about the SM on his website and he naturally made a few quips about the name. "No it's not what you think!" :lol:

Although I know French cars are crap, I would love to have a classic Citroen.

my teacher drive that car. is very rare at South California.

did teacher your give grammar lesson you? maybe she job reconsider should?

Sadly Citroens are not that popular here. :(

Last edited: