What car is on your mind right now?

When I was 15 I thought the Nissan 300ZX was the greatest car ever made. Goes to show that I still have impeccable taste in cars and everything else. 8)

At 15 it was the 1970 Chevelle SS 454 LS6 for me.

01011001020801160420071210f53126451fc1f5bd45006357.jpg

Might be mine :D (Its a GSR)

A8 W12. The same used in Transporter 2
http://img525.imageshack.**/img525/3083/transporter21sa5.jpg
http://img525.imageshack.**/img525/3083/transporter21sa5.aca100c2f4.jpg

When I was 15 I thought the Nissan 300ZX was the greatest car ever made. Goes to show that I still have impeccable taste in cars and everything else. 8)

My Dad's friend had one of those when I was about 15 - I thought "Jesus this is like being in Knight Rider - I want one!"

Nissan ZX300 Fairlady his was if I remember. It was white with the T-top.

I adore V8 sports sedans like, specifically the old BMW M5.

Lately, I've been growing fond of the Lexus IS-F:

2008-lexus-is-f.jpg

Sure it's not as exciting as a C63AMG or as pretty as the RS4, but specifically *because* it's Lexus, you know it's gonna last until the end of time.

Sure it's not as exciting as a C63AMG or as pretty as the RS4, but specifically *because* it's Lexus, you know it's gonna last until the end of time.

so you're saying its reliable? have you been living under a rock? Toyota has probably had the most recalls compared to other big name automakers this year. the number of recalls isn't the thing though. its the number that was put up during the recalls. 100,000 to 300,000+ units IIRC that were recalled from owners and dealers.

plus, the engine in the IS-F is a totally brand new engine. its not the old 1UZ or 3UZ which both have been shown to be reliable and potent V8's.

I'm thinking about the car I'm going to test at the end of the month:

RunoffsSmall.JPG

But when I was a kid we did have a 1978 Chevy pickup like the one in that ad (except it was green and white) and doggone if it only got put to pasture in 2001, with 325,000 miles on it (rebuilt engine in there)...

Steve

so you're saying its reliable? have you been living under a rock? Toyota has probably had the most recalls compared to other big name automakers this year. the number of recalls isn't the thing though. its the number that was put up during the recalls. 100,000 to 300,000+ units IIRC that were recalled from owners and dealers. V8's.

Well of course I can't see into the future duh.

However, Lexus' reputation has been rock solid the past 5 years as far a longterm reliabiltity goes.

Btw, recalls means avoiding potential future problems, not having problems.

OT: I wish my Dell had had a recall instead of it breaking after warranty.

Btw, recalls means avoiding potential future problems, not having problems.

no, a recall is a problem that has been happening for awhile and the company finds out about it after a certain number of units is caught with this problem. then the company calls for the recall to prevent dealers and current owners experiencing those problems.

so yes, recalls are reliability issues.

so you're saying its reliable? have you been living under a rock? Toyota has probably had the most recalls compared to other big name automakers this year. the number of recalls isn't the thing though. its the number that was put up during the recalls. 100,000 to 300,000+ units IIRC that were recalled from owners and dealers.

plus, the engine in the IS-F is a totally brand new engine. its not the old 1UZ or 3UZ which both have been shown to be reliable and potent V8's.
The last big recall relating to Lexus itself is the fuel pipes which is on some of the more expensive Toyotas. So far they "say" its been only one incident and apparently a voluntary recall. As for this denting the Lexus image in reliability I would say not really, the only Lexus left out of Consumer Reports recommended list is the AWD GS which apparently has build quality issues. If your basing Lexus' downfall on this you might say Honda is beginning to fall as well. The Honda Civic recall where they recalled about 180,000 units because the wheel might come off, this too is a voluntary recall.

Even more down-to-earth: my bike. I miss riding it soooooo much. Lousy winter weather. <_<

I'd be happy to change places with you. It's mid-December here and not a single cloud in the sky. What more, I had enough bicycle riding for the rest of my life, I'd love to drive a Landie to school :lol:

This sounds dumb, but it's actually my Civic back in California.

I miss my car.

2005 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE. Specifically in this colour, but without the spoiler.

LeftFront.jpg

Rear.jpg

Front.jpg

RightRear.jpg

It is really the perfect car for me right now. It's big, fast, looks great, cheap, pretty good on gas for a V6, and can out run almost anything on the road. :D

These 2 are on my mind right now. In either dark gray or black.

6u5bn6t.jpg

8gdtt1k.jpg

Ever since I saw one in black I can't get it out of my mind...

http://img89.imageshack.**/img89/3254/r8la9.jpg