Random Thoughts....

^ Move up to Canada... every single store I walk by is hiring.

Here's a question for those who might be in the know:

I own a cellphone. According to my cellphone, I almost always get good reception.

However, there are times when I miss calls despite having good reception. ie. I'll get a missed call warning for a call from 1-2 minutes ago, despite it not having rung at all.

Is this the fault of:
A. The phone
Or
B. The service provider?

^ I'd say it's your phone. My last cell phone used to randomly not receive calls, and it got so bad that got a new phone.

^ Move up to Canada... every single store I walk by is hiring.
Funny you should mention that because I've recently been sort of toying with the idea of moving to Canada. I figure now would be the best time as I'm not tied down with a job and it should be fairly easy to transfer to a school there. But moving requires funds that I'm depressingly low on at the moment. :(

Lots of job opportunity, especially for skilled workers, in Calgary. It's great as long as you don't mind the fact that Calgary is pretty boring except for a week in July. Not cheap to live here, also. Cheaper than Vancouver, though.

^ Cheaper than Toronto?

So, since I got back to Salt Lake I've been sort of seeing this girl I knew from my undergraduate days. She's been going through a bit of career crisis of her own; she's going to be starting the last semester of law school and is starting to feel burned out on the subject. The last time we went out to dinner we talked about it for a while and she mentioned that she has always enjoyed writing, especially poetry and plays (she was even published back in High School). I wondered out loud what would happen if she put some time aside every week to write; she did just that and felt much more energized and happy about things.

Why do I tell you this? Well, last night I gave her a Christmas gift: a leather bound journal with hand-stamped cover and gold leaf and a very nice gold and silver fountain pen. I explained that a fountain pen forces you to slow down; you can't just scribble notes like you do with a ball point.

Her words: "This is one of the most thoughtful gifts anyone has ever given me."

I award myself a cookie.

Awwwwww :blush: Cookie well deserved :D

What kind of software?

I have a similar job in my school.
All I know is that they looked for candidates skilled in the Microsoft Office suite and Windows, so it shouldn't be anything major. Thank God, I seize up every time I have to do anything programming-related.

Blind: A well-deserved "aww" from us here at Finalgear. (No, really.) :wub:

Lots of job opportunity, especially for skilled workers, in Calgary. It's great as long as you don't mind the fact that Calgary is pretty boring except for a week in July. Not cheap to live here, also. Cheaper than Vancouver, though.
Swap the week in July for a week in June and that pretty much sums up where I'm at right now. :lol: At least you guys had the Olympics there. All we have are the regional police & fire games. Oh joy.

/Jamaica we have a bobsled team!

So, since I got back to Salt Lake I've been sort of seeing this girl I knew from my undergraduate days. She's been going through a bit of career crisis of her own; she's going to be starting the last semester of law school and is starting to feel burned out on the subject. The last time we went out to dinner we talked about it for a while and she mentioned that she has always enjoyed writing, especially poetry and plays (she was even published back in High School). I wondered out loud what would happen if she put some time aside every week to write; she did just that and felt much more energized and happy about things.

Why do I tell you this? Well, last night I gave her a Christmas gift: a leather bound journal with hand-stamped cover and gold leaf and a very nice gold and silver fountain pen. I explained that a fountain pen forces you to slow down; you can't just scribble notes like you do with a ball point.

Her words: "This is one of the most thoughtful gifts anyone has ever given me."

I award myself a cookie.

I tip my hat to you, sir.

But did you get laid...???

Given the thought behind his gift and the comment that she's wised up a bit since he knew her years ago, I'm guessing he's after something besides just sex.

Big up blind - you are, without doubt, a gentleman. She sounds nice too and again not dim. Now if you want to woo her use some of that intelligence - which I am sure you will.

I tip my hat to you, sir.

Given the thought behind his gift and the comment that she's wised up a bit since he knew her years ago, I'm guessing he's after something besides just sex.

Probably but you can get sex plus other things.

Well done Blind. You sir, earn the Tesco Value Beer of TRIUMPH!

32872403_0ebd5bf938_m.jpg

:lol: 2.1% alcohol content? They could sell that as a soft drink! I have a bad hangover just from looking at a picture of the cans.

British_Rover: First of all, I'm not the kind of guy who gives a gift hoping for sex in return. Secondly, if I did "get laid," I sure as hell would not come online and broadcast it to the entire internet. It would make an otherwise private and beautiful experience cheap and tawdry, not to mention cheapen and objectify a classy and intelligent woman.