S6 2007/12/15 SO Classic R - TBO [2x35]

pdanev

Forum Addict
Well this was something... :)

And incredible last race, good finish to a good season.

I'll start with the 1st race though. The extra weight was just killing me. I was really bad off the start, my tires got hot quicker then expected, and I was 1s off the pace. Pretty much everything and everyone left me behind. No chance at all to shave off time. I made an early pit becuse of fps issues, which were luckily solved as the traffic infront and behind me cleared.

I was very consistent, didn't touch a single wall or barrier, got 1-2 powerslides but that was it. Still, incredibly slow.

2nd race was more exciting. Firefox with the RB4 was behind me. RB4 on itself made better starts than the XRT, and with the extra weight I was carrying I was instantly overtaken. He pulled away very fast, but lickly got stuck behind traffic. As soon as my tires were up to temp, I started closing in. The difference between us was never more than a second. I was faster in the 1st sector till the chicane exit, where the RB4 pulled away. Same story last corner, RB4 was much faster out, I was only catching up at the end of the straight. Not enough though to get the inside of the 1st corner. I did get much better exits from the 1st corner though and a few times I got on the inside before the downhill section, but I had to back off or else both FF and me would've ended up in a big crash.

I had fps issues a few times again, once when MXM was in the chicane I think, fps dropped, I ended up kissing the barrier on exit and getting some minor damage, loosing .5-.6seconds. Caught up again to FF, nice battling, always .5-.7s difference between us. He was making often mistakes, his left front was locking up in a big cloud of smoke quite often. Then another fps dropp same place in chicane, touched the barrier on exit again, luckily minor damage and loss only. Few laps before the end I fell a bit behind, but was steadily catching up again, so I knew it's gonna be a photofinish. Last lap, was real close after the chicane, but I messed up the last corner and FF pulled away.

I think this has been one of the most intense races for me. Last weekend from the season, only 2points difference, last race, incredible pressure to be consistent and fast.

Overall I think I did pretty well though, especially with the extra weight. RB4 was faster + FF was 30kg lighter, yet I was keeping up, so I'm pretty happy. :)

The weight is really weird. In 1-2 races I thought it didn't make any difference, I was fast with and without it. But in the last 4-5 races its been a pain in the ass. Already on AS club ff and me were dead slow with the small GTRs. Next season the cars are lighter, so I'd say 40-30-20kg would be more appropriate. 60kg is just and incredibly huge amount to carry on most tracks. There's no chance to keep up at all.

Well, overall I really enjoyed this season, and I think this last race was an awesome battle. Despite of me loosing by 1point, I really liked this season and the races. I think this last race was just a brilliant ending to a very tight championship! :thumbsup:

PS: Real shame about mischief again, so many disconnects lately. :(

Last edited:
1st race went very well for me.
I had some trouble with the chicane in the 1st few laps, so Burnsy passed me.
But I guess he had damage so I passed him in the pits.
There was no catching Firefox though.

2nd race started off very well too.
Had a hard time keeping Firefox behind me, but after I passed MXM, I was able to pull away.
In lap 14 and 15, I had a good battle with Mischief and was able to pass him for 2nd place.
Unfortunately, shortly after Mischief timed out, I got kicked to the desktop and lost 2nd place.

I guess burnsy beat me, but I'll post it anyway:
Stats and Points:

http://download.yousendit.com/6722025F72805FEF

Champion:cheers::cheers::cheers:
Qualification was terrible fast. Hit turn 1 with 122km/h at the apex and got a 17.38 as split. Almost messed up last corner but in the end got it down to a super time. 51.95
Hotlaps LFSworld :|
First race from pole, and got a good gap to Espn, but i almost crashed into the barrier, so lost it all. Burnsy came closer and closer, didnt want to have much damage or trouble so he overtook me easily. I came 1st after the my pitstop, and kept it till the finish.
Race 2 was a bit more challenging. I knew i had to finish infront of pdanev, otherwise he would won the championship. The increase of tirepressure didnt matter much, left front was as hot as hell again. I think the smoke gave pdanev some hope in overtaking me, because i messed up some corners and ran wide ect.
Like pdanev said, 60KG is too much, although it gave the rest to catch up during the previous races :D Best season for me sofar. Close fights everywhere, good pace ect
Lets race again in 2008. I'm in finland by the time, so will see how it goes.
Thanks everyone :)

Race 1 was boring. Couldn't get past Pete for some reason.

Race 2 was amazing...another fucking disconnect.

For the record, I did miss one race! :p

Although, tbh, I don't think the result would be much different. It would have been an incredibly close finish that way too. With me missing the race I could catch up quick because for 2-3 races I had no, or not considerable, extra weight. If I wouldn't have missed the race, then it would have been a lot of swapping, one race FF with 60 the next one me etc.

Either way, at least this way was interesting and fun, and more importantly challenging. :thumbsup:

Oh and of course, congratulations to the champion again, well done! I tried my best and dethroning you, maybe next season! ;)

something neat to detail the close championship we had:

leader-graph.gif

how do you guys record the replay for multiplayer game?

and once i get my G25 to work properly for LFS, i will join you guys for the 2008 season.

how do you guys record the replay for multiplayer game?

and once i get my G25 to work properly for LFS, i will join you guys for the 2008 season.
the server automatically saves the replays, but to save them yourself, hit the "2" key above the letters. not the keypad one.