Stig Spotting!

Dabum

Hey gang,

I've been a lurker on the forums for years when today I was watching the latest episode of TG and I noticed something rather interesting..

http://img141.imageshack.**/img141/8271/stiggyqk5.th.jpg

I am almost positive that its the stig with his helmet off, perhaps someone can I.D who that is. All white suit, not very big and in the Top Gear garage and its also a very quickly edited shot.

Anyway, I may just be wearing my tinfoil hat but I thought it was worth a try!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, since we don't know who he is officially, nothing disproves it isn't that person.

Maybe he's the other driver during the race, aside from Ben Collins, the latter being my prime suspect.

It's been said many times that there's more than one Stig (and I assume it's true), but still, good find!

If you look closely you can see a big red insignia on his suit. The stig doesn't have such an insignia.

If you look closely you can see a big red insignia on his suit. The stig doesn't have such an insignia.
Yeah, his suit doesn't look quite right, but still.

cant tell how tall he is from that picture so theirs no real way of figuring out that way. his suit does have that red mark on it which the stig damn well doesnt have. and would the top gear production office who have made 10 seasons of top gear allow something like that slip through their fingers ? i doubt it. but hey, anything is possible :p

Looking at the Stig you can tell that isn't the same suit: the Stig's has black-rimmed shoulder pads and is missing whatever logo that one has on the right side.

Looks like a Sparco and not an AlpineStar suit...white's amazingly common as a 'neutral' suit worn by a lot of journeyman drivers.

Steve

It is not the Stig, the suit is completely different.

Even if someone were to reveal to me who the Stig was, chances are I wouldn't know who they were. It's not that I don't like motorsport, I just have other things that occupy my time and a lack of way to follow the sport since I live in a land whos racing drivers are terrified of right handed turns.

I want to say that for the most part the Stig is one person, whoever puts those cars around that track has to know it more then he knows his own body. But for somethine like the Silverstone race, thats someone who knows that track. For the race across London, thats whoever felt like wearing a Stig suit for a few hours. The same goes for the Caterham race.

Good find though. I thought about trying to figure out who the Stig was based on the pic on the Top Gear site of him and Hamilton, and figuring out the height differance and going through all the racing drivers with his height. Then I realized I had three huge final exams at school and a girl I'm working on pulling and gave up. Maybe if that doesn't work out I'll do it.

If you look at the shot where there in some sort of living room like area, when James comes in to say the front of the car is off, you can see some Stig-like clothing on one of the chairs.

Which suggest there was a naked Stig running around Silverstone :eek:

After looking it up, you are correct! It is Phil Keen and many people say he is in fact one of the stigs!

I reckon this whole "there more than one Stig" thing was just cooked up by the show's producers so that Ben could never really be outed as the Stig. Think about it, Perry is outed as the black Stig and they have to kill him off. To avoid that, they say there is more than one white Stig so that if Ben is ever proven to be a Stig they can say he is just one of many and keep the mystery without having to kill off the character.

Ultimately, the guys at TopGear are some of the few left in the world have a sense of journalistic integrity. Multiple Stigs would invalidate the power lap times.

Phil Keen was hanging about in the TG garage quite a bit... for example:

photo55.jpg

He was signed on as one of the Stigs, but he was also driving the Eclipse Mosler, I don't think he ever drove as "The Stig", I think Ben did all the Stig stints.