Which Honda?

IIRC, it was a P1-SC, but it could have been a D1 instead. I lost interest when I discovered it was too big to fit and too big in terms of airflow for my 4.2. :p

I see, the p1sc is kinda on the small end...even for a 4.6. I'm going to have to assume this was a used setup. Also, with a GT in the price range he's looking, it'll be a 2v...and with the mods you mentioned it would be around 400whp.

I see, the p1sc is kinda on the small end...even for a 4.6. I'm going to have to assume this was a used setup. Also, with a GT in the price range he's looking, it'll be a 2v...and with the mods you mentioned it would be around 400whp.

And, yes, it was indeed a used setup - but it's still a good way to get power cheaper than retail.

And the original poster already *has* a Mustang, but he hasn't specified type or year yet. I say that he should modify the Mustang as the most cost effective way to get a roadracer.

And, yes, it was indeed a used setup - but it's still a good way to get power cheaper than retail.

And the original poster already *has* a Mustang, but he hasn't specified type or year yet. I say that he should modify the Mustang as the most cost effective way to get a roadracer.
He has a Fox Body...and all the information we've been posting he already knows, so I guess I'll let this thread get back on topic of h0nduhz

DC2 Integra Type-R. Most brilliant front wheel drive car ever.

I dont like miatas, so I will not buy one.

The only Nissan's I really like are the newer model SER's, but they have a beam type rear axle with a horrible toe setting from the factory. Svt focus is a bit out of my price range, although I like them.

I've considered BMW's but I really do not want the hassle of having to take it out of town to be fixed and/or paying enormous amounts of money to do so.

To be honest, my mustang has just been abused. Yes it has subframes connectors, but I'm afraid too many nitrous'ed full bore launches on slicks have taken their toll on the rear torque boxes. I may actually keep my mustang, I'm not sure, but it really needs a restoration, something I dont have the money for.

Remember this car has to be my daily driver as well. I want something all stock, down to the factory intake system.

Looks like its gonna be a DC2.

For 5 grand you can have a nice LS1 Camaro or Firebird, much much much much faster then pretty much anything honda makes.

I can't even find a decent LT1 car for that. Any LS1 car for that cheap is going to be high mileage and probably in horrible shape.

If you are going to stick with your guns and get a Honda specifically for road racing, get either a DC2 Integra or a 1992-1999 Civic. Who cares what the car looks like, the Civic and Integra are the only US sold small hatch in that price range with front and rear independent double wishbone suspension. An example of good suspension combined with low power would be a Rover powered Lotus Elise.

Otherwise, get a Miata, or a B14 Sentra / 200SX with a 2.0 liter. They have that Scott-Russell rear link on the rear axle that seems to be very effective.

My exact reasoning.;)

I assume you must have one of the v6 mustangs...

Between the Honda and the Integra I would put my money into the Integra. I have seen plenty of street races and the 5k Integra beats out the 5k Honda every time. The Honda will last longer though...

Of course, if you have a V6 Mustang there's nothing you can really do with it and you should sell it.

Ahem, with all due respect...

http://www.krestsig.com/

Im not even going to bother saying i can/have outrun a V6 Stang in my truck. Oh wait, i just did.

I'd get the Integra over the Honda for no real reasons. I dont know a whole lot about Hondas but it sure does look nice.

I assume you must have one of the v6 mustangs...

Between the Honda and the Integra I would put my money into the Integra. I have seen plenty of street races and the 5k Integra beats out the 5k Honda every time. The Honda will last longer though...

eh?

The Integra is a HONDA, acura is just a marketting excercise for honda to sell pseudo luxury cars.

Can you get a used S2000 for that? I've wanted one of those for a while! All the fun of the miata, with 15% less sexual-orientation questioning!

For 5 grand you can have a nice LS1 Camaro or Firebird, much much much much faster then pretty much anything honda makes.

Holy shit man, you need to watch the market a little bit or something. Thinking a late 4th gen f-bod and s2k are around 5-6k is ridiculous.

Just get a pickup truck, because if you do up a honda thats only 5 grand I guarantee you will be mocked VERY badly, aka ricers.

Just get a pickup truck, because if you do up a honda thats only 5 grand I guarantee you will be mocked VERY badly, aka ricers.

Who cares about being mocked, chances are you get mocked daily for driving a pickup truck.

I have a cammed, geared, bolt-on 5.0, 5 speed mustang coupe(~3,000lbs-300+lbs tq). It will destroy any stock Honda outside of an NSX in a straight line. That is not the point.

I have seen plenty of street races and the 5k Integra beats out the 5k Honda every time.

Who said anything about street racing? Do you people fail to understand the concept that I'm not buying this thing as a race car, but as a car I can have fun at the track and autocross every now and then. I have $2k saved up now and could make my mustang run deep into the 11's with that money, if I so chose. But drag racing bores me!

I just want a car that can be fun at the track and on some nice twisty roads (like those down in Austin that Spectre pointed out in another thread) without having to upgrade the brakes, suspension, cooling, and steering to cope with it.

Last edited:
I thin I've made up my mind that I want to get a Honda, as my mustang, as much as I love it, is just not suited for road racing without significant modification.

I guess I got confused...

I'd go with a DC2 Integra.

I just want a car that can be fun at the track and on some nice twisty roads (like those down in Austin that Spectre pointed out in another thread) without having to upgrade the brakes, suspension, cooling, and steering to cope with it.

I'm just going to post this because nobody else has, if you can stand the styling, Mki MR2. It have vtac yo, but it will teach you more about driving and provide more fun then anything you have posted as your other options, plus the market id way down since people don't even seem to remember that they exist. Even with 112hp and mostly wasted suspension (bushings gone, struts going) in the stock MR2 i used to have the ability to beat on a STIs, Evos, and even a E46 M3 in the corners. Go ahead and buy a honda but you'll be making the greatest mistake of your life.