"Safety Town" has high accident rate; Sgt. Nicholas Angle unavailable for comment

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
See signature
"Safety Town" has high accident rate; Sgt. Nicholas Angle unavailable for comment

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/28721/-Safety-town-tops-accident-league

An area which was one of the first to model itself as a "safety town" is the most dangerous in the country for accidents, it was revealed.

Slough in Berkshire, which is ringed by traffic lights and speed cameras, topped a most-accident table compiled by Endsleigh Insurance Services.

The Berkshire town had an accident rate 35.7% above the national average in 2007, Endsleigh said.

Slough's safety promotions go back to the 1960s when it introduced lights timed to be on green so long as drivers stuck to the speed limit. In recent years, the number of lights encircling the town and its industrial estate have grown.

After Slough, Ilford in east London had the most accidents (35.5% above the national average), with Birmingham third (32.9% above).

The most accident-free town or city was Belfast (47.0% below the national average), with Swansea (29.9% below) in second place and Aberdeen (20.6% below) third.

Hull was the place with the most vehicle thefts in 2007, being 143.9% above the national average. Second was Nottingham (82.9% above the national average), with Leeds third (77.8% above).

Endsleigh said that overall, it had seen a 13% fall in motor theft claims across the UK in the last three years.

Swindon had 42.9% fewer cases of theft than the national average, with Norwich (42.3% below the average) and Dundee (38.9% below) also comparatively crime-free areas.

Slough was 35.7% above the national accident average, with Ilford in east London second (35.5% above) and Birmingham third (32.9% above).

Well that's just funny :lol:.

Its for the Greater Good!!

Wait...that Slough?

TheOfficeuk1.jpg

Yes, that Slough. It's so boring, people are probably causing deliberate accidents to make their worthless day more interesting.

Wow, David Brent really wasn't kidding, huh? :unsure:

would be nice if politicians would actually note this and stop being such wankers

find it somehow ironic that belfast is the safest city

find it somehow ironic that belfast is the safest city

stateside people have trouble believing that Rhode Island is the safest (fatality wise) place to drive, but it is.

Sometimes i wonder if a combination of hardcore understanding of potential for danger, mixed with a hint of actual reckless endangerment is the safest way to be. I know that personally whenever i drive the speed limit i go into a coma, so i don't.

Living fairly close to Slough I can tell you first hand that I'm glad that I don't live there. It's really just a town that sprung up to support London.

Oh, did anyone else know that Slough has more registered companies than the whole of Wales?

Reading or Maidenhead are much better towns in Berkshire.

stateside people have trouble believing that Rhode Island is the safest (fatality wise) place to drive, but it is.

Sometimes i wonder if a combination of hardcore understanding of potential for danger, mixed with a hint of actual reckless endangerment is the safest way to be. I know that personally whenever i drive the speed limit i go into a coma, so i don't.

One of the reasons I think Rhode Island is the safest is that if you start to understeer or skid in RI, by the the time you actually crash you are in another state.

It was the third safest town before he got there...:p

:lol:Too True

It does prove a point, the more you drink and less safety features, the less accidents, I mean if I was not driving my Volvo I would probably get my shit together.