Your Favorite Hot Hatch

Your Favorite Hot Hatch

• Total voters
(basically, we are getting Vauxhauls now, under Saturn lol)

technically, they're Opel's. seeing as GM America had a talk with GM Opel about giving us their cars and us sending them our's. we gave them the Saturn Sky, so they gave back to us with the Opel Antara (Saturn Vue), Opel Astra, and Opel Vectra (Saturn Aura).

If money doesn?t count: S3. Best interior, best handling, best power.

If money counts: Seat Leon Cupra

New hot hatches = lose.
:yes: There are some neat cars on that list, but for the most part I am indifferent to them. The C30, S3, and Astra all seem like fun, but I prefer older cars. For instance, how many of those cars even weigh under 3000lbs/1350kg? And I'm sure they're all even more of a pain in the ass to work on than my Celica (I'd like to think that would be impossible, but I know better :p.)

Ford Focus ST, You did miss out a few good ones tho, Ford Focus RS :D

nope, no he didn't. these are today's hot hatches. the Focus RS is an old car. even if you're talkin about the new RS, its still not official on what official specs the car will have. so its kind of pointless to vote for a car that hasn't been built or tested by magazines/TG/FG. don't get me wrong, Ford did an absolute job with the last RS and did a hell of a job with the Cossie making it an international automotive icon. with the speculated specs of the new RS, it could give Mitsu/Subaru a run for their money.

OPC or C30... Insane car or nicer Ford... Cant pick.

Last edited:
Mazdaspeed, as the reviews I've read seem to be quite good, has a good bit of power, they worked to control it, and, as stated before, is available stateside.

/Why am I not surprised Mopar Man voted for the Caliber. :rolleyes:

So noone likes the HHR?

So noone likes the HHR?

i do. i just didn't know what to vote for. the Astra OPC Nurburgring Edition wasn't up there and the VXR is a great car since it practically is an OPC. but the OPC/NE is supposed to be lighter and handle better.

so i went for the next best thing with the same engine with 20 more hp and awesome retro looks.

Can we add the new STI to the list now that it's on sale?

Whether the new STI is a hatch or not, is arguable. I won't go into that.

well if you didn't want to, you shouldn't of posted that comment.....

so anyway.....

how ISN'T it a hatch?
wrxsti08_03.jpg

dono but that car has about the only production fender flares in the world that actually make it look worse. Otherwise i think i'd like the new STis looks

dono but that car has about the only production fender flares in the world that actually make it look worse. Otherwise i think i'd like the new STis looks

those aren't fender flares. its a widebody.

these are fender flares....
bushwacker_custom_extend_a_fender_flares_021505.jpg

but the STI has always had a wider stance than its WRX counterpart.

but i like this new STI. there's just something about it that screams mini-me Godzilla to me.

2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STI

2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STI

Seriously considering this car, but at $40K new and equipped I am not sold yet. Most of the drive will be a 70 mile daily commute largely 4 lane highway and then city freeway traffic. Driving conditions will be mostly dry pavement but will include some hellish snow/ice/wind/rain (occasionally all at once).

I drove the 2007 Impreza WRX STI and loved it, but passed because of the racer boy looks and what I felt was cramped interior, front and back. But the 2008 is supposed to be bigger with more room in the back because of the longer hatchback body.
http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2008-subaru-impreza-sti-jdm/454060/

Performance looks 'imprezive': 0-60 in 4.8 seconds, 60-0 in 106ft.
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/Comparos/articleId=123965

Still $40K new, that is entry level Acura/Lexus/Audi money round here and I promised myself I would buy used this time around. The 2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STI isn't even in the show rooms AFAIK, so waiting for used means probably another year and likely the car will be driven pretty hard in the meantime.
https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/01/02/wrxstif.jpg

Last edited:
Seriously considering this car, but at $40K new and equipped I am not sold yet. Most of the drive will be a 70 mile daily commute largely 4 lane highway and then city freeway traffic. Driving conditions will be mostly dry pavement but will include some hellish snow/ice/wind/rain (occasionally all at once).

I drove the 2007 Impreza WRX STI and loved it, but passed because of the racer boy looks and what I felt was cramped interior, front and back. But the 2008 is supposed to be bigger with more room in the back because of the longer hatchback body.
http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2008-subaru-impreza-sti-jdm/454060/

Performance looks 'imprezive': 0-60 in 4.8 seconds, 60-0 in 106ft.

Still $40K new, that is entry level Acura/Lexus/Audi money round here and I promised myself I would buy used this time around. The 2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STI isn't even in the show rooms AFAIK, so waiting for used means probably another year and likely the car will be driven pretty hard in the meantime.

Why did you post the same thing here?

I vote GTI...always been a personal favorite for me. I would say the STI...but they haven't been on the market long enough to really get the comparison reviews.