Chinese Man Vows to Only Drive Cars Built in China After Crashing Mercedes S350

Yes, I'm sure being in a Chinese car would be MUCH safer. Car crash probably messed his head up. Or the Chinese government probably put one of those chips in his head..... :wow:

Chinese cars are VERY safe.

[YOUTUBE]F06LjugtIUo[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]g5SRyG6UR2A[/YOUTUBE]

:lol:

Here's another smashed german car. The driver phoned the ambulance himself. Airbags did their trick. I wonder if Mercedes makes their chinese cars in China...?

30csk6o.jpg

Last edited:
It sounds like the car did it's job, and helped him survive the crash with only minor injuries. That is a positive thing. Only 20 years ago, that could have been a serious crash. But no, he has to get all soapboxey about it.

This is no different than the idiots we have in the states, who would see something like this and say "WELP, IM ONLY BUYIN MY SELF 'MURICAN CARS".

Here's another smashed german car. The driver phoned the ambulance himself. Airbags did their trick. I wonder if Mercedes makes their chinese cars in China...?

30csk6o.jpg
Just a bit of trivia about this one: he was kinda lucky, cause the drivers seat and anything that matters around it stayed pretty much put, which is why he got out alive. The best thing though was when he auctioned the rest of the car on eBay afterwards. I quote:

"condition: used" :lol:

(I'm not even kidding)

I would really really laugh my butt off if he ended up driving a FAW built car... which is nothing more than a Volkswagen built in China.

My dad told me of a colleague who worked in government whose Audi A6 plowed into the back of a truck at 50mph. The front end was obliterated but the airbags didn't go off even though in that condition they should have, and he was sent to the hospital. Well, it WAS a Chinese-built Audi...

Not sure if you guys are aware, but Audi is the #1 or #2 (it goes back and forth) selling car in China and has been for the last 4 or 5 years!

Mainland Asia BMW's are assembled in Veitnam. VAG cars are for the chinese market are built there. Mercedes brought a plant online in 2006 to build Mercedes-Benz for the Chinese market in China.

Not sure if you guys are aware, but Audi is the #1 or #2 (it goes back and forth) selling car in China and has been for the last 4 or 5 years!

IIRC Audi and... BUICK ( gasp, shock, horror!) go back and forth for #1.

You get free Audis in China as a bribe? Well you live and learn.

Believe me, you can get anything for a bribe in China...

Airbag crash sensors usually aren't located that far up in the hood/grille anyway, so this crash (and the one I described) are common in all cars where the bags won't deploy. Not that I'm defending this guy, I think he's a fucking twat that's embarrassing the entire country. If he dies in a Chinese car, nobody will have been surprised.

Probably the Merc was made in China too, as do many Audis, Mercedes and BMWs.

He rear ended a truck, van, whatever, something big and tall.

So the hood scrapped off some of the speed and then the roof got in and I guess the front stopped the car completely when it hit the truck's axle.
Not much of a wonder to me the airbags didn't go off, the deceleration wasn't sudden enough for them to go off.

Three things :
  1. If you rear end a truck, don't blame the car for your injuries. Trucks don't brake faster than cars.
  2. He'll only buy Chinese made cars and encourage others Chinese people to do so, well good ! Those Chinese car companies will need buyers and I for one won't be buying them recycled cans on wheels.
  3. Airbags are overrated. Seatbelts save lives, especially on a front impact.

Trusting a Chinese made car over a Mercedes. :hammer:

I did a GIS for Dong Feng and came up with this:
dong_feng_hummer.jpg

WTF???

Oh, and I agree that it looks like he slid under the truck and that's why the sensors didn't trigger.

I'd say it's their idea of payback for when the Dalai Lama visited Germany and was welcomed by our Chancellor. The Chinese Gouvernment was severly pissed and even said something about "stained relationships". This BS has propaganda written all over it.

I have two messages for that guy

1.You're doing it wong!
2.You won't survive a similar crash in the Dung-Fang Analwind.

I understand that the view of his is that he is a living god and that the Western assholes must die, but I am one of those assholes so I hope your die you Commie, Mercedes Benz over any Shanghai Death Express.

Awww man....my Dad has that exact same car in China! I guess i'll ask him and see if the dealer can do anything....then again I wonder if the dealer will give a rat's ass about it.

Sure as hell my mom's S550 in the states will perform how it should, but hell if I know my dad's S350 in China will do the same...

Atleast the Alabama plant is making pretty good assembled cars

The Mercs and Audis are built in China, along with most other brands these days. Citroen, Honda, Toyota, Ford, Rover <cough>, Nissan, GM and BM all have plants or contracts there.

Fords and Mercs are also built in Vietnam. Beemers, Mercs, Fords & Volvos, Toyotas and Hondas are also assembled in Malaysia. Thailand or the Philippines makes just about everything else. It is very difficult to tell where your cars are coming from these days.

I give it another 10-yrs and Chinese cars will be up to the standard of where Korea was very recently.