My 1993 Volkswagen Corrado VR6

sam-l

Car(s)
Vokswagen Corrado VR6
More recent pics on page 3

Hello all, here are a few pics of my 93' Dark Burgundy Pearl Effect Corrado 2.9 VR6. Currently on 17" 7.5j Santa Monica wheels but on the look out for some BBS RS301, RHZW1, Schmidt etc. The car has done roughly 120,000 miles and has recently had a full re-spray. I've put FK smoked rear lights on as the standard ones are abit.....well orange, and angel eyes on the front aswell as crystal fog lights and colour coded de-badged grill. I love the roar from the V6 and the handling. I'll try to post more pictures soon. Thanks, sam-l ;)

myvr-1.png

040.jpg

DSC00345.jpg
:D

Last edited:
I used to have a black one.. I miss it...

not a fan of the grill visor angle eye thingy, or whatever its called, but otherwise nice choice :)

and anyways i would guess if you ever got bored of the light shade thingy you could just unbolt it

not a fan of the grill visor angle eye thingy, or whatever its called, but otherwise nice choice :)

and anyways i would guess if you ever got bored of the light shade thingy you could just unbolt it

Ok mate, everybody has different opinions. I am trying to get this look, what are your opinions?

P1010032.jpg

P1010100.jpg

SV400031.jpg

Last edited:
DSC00344.jpg

If you going for that look then your doing fine i guess, maybe shinier rims ?

HERE'S MY VOLKSWAGEN CORRADO VR6:
16" 9J DEEP DISH WHEELS
INPRO ANGEL EYES
INPRO CRYSTAL FOG LIGHTS
SMOKED REAR LIGHTS
DE-BADGED GRILL
CHROME INLET MANIFOLD
LOWERED SUSPENSION

Hello all, here are a few pics of my 93' Dark Burgundy Pearl Effect VR6. Currently on 17" 7.5j Santa Monica wheels but on the look out for some BBS RS301, RHZW1, Schmidt etc.

Wow, you've really toned it down, sam-l. Same car, I suppose? Where did the deep-dish rims with the stretched tires go, sold them? Anyhow, it's a definite improvement.

Wow, you've really toned it down, sam-l. Same car, I suppose? Where did the deep-dish rims with the stretched tires go, sold them? Anyhow, it's a definite improvement.

Yes mate it is the same car :D The "mega wide wheels" had on had to go, It was nearly impossible to drive as they scrubbed the arches. They were so wide because I had to use adapters because the stud pattern was 5x112 and the vr hubs are 5x100. I'm still going get a different set on but not that wide lol. I'll post how wide them wheels actually were when I find the picture. ;) sam-l

This is why I had to take them off!

file.php

file.php

I think these wheels suit the Corrado:

IMG_6759.jpg

007.jpg

Last edited:
Here's another picture I fount of how far the OZ Vega's stuck out :-o

file.php

I had a 93 Corrado VR6.:p Sorry no pics.. They got lost in a move.. :(

This is why I had to take them off!

file.php

file.php

I think these wheels suit the Corrado:

IMG_6759.jpg

007.jpg

i personally wouldn't get them that big, but those style of rims look excellent. With that said about the rims i also wouldn't get the exhaust that big, so maybe i'm just a buzzkill?

Those wheels look alot better than the inverted bottlecaps you used to have, and like ottoborn said, make sure you don't get the big exhaust tip.

i personally wouldn't get them that big, but those style of rims look excellent. With that said about the rims i also wouldn't get the exhaust that big, so maybe i'm just a buzzkill?

The rims i've got on at the moment are 17" and these are 17" BBS RS, I do think they look terrific on a Corrado.

DSC06208.jpg
= 17" BBS RS 8J

Thanks for the comments ;-)

Ok mate, everybody has different opinions. I am trying to get this look, what are your opinions?

P1010100.jpg

Stick with the Monte Carlos. I've been a VW guy for the last 7 years and never ever got the whole "Deep Dish + Stretched Tires/Tyres" look. I just think it looks dumb and too "LOOK AT ME! I'M TRYING TOO HARD".

Other wise, everything looks great.

/miss my VR6
//don't miss it breaking every 3 days.

Stick with the Monte Carlos. I've been a VW guy for the last 7 years and never ever got the whole "Deep Dish + Stretched Tires/Tyres" look. I just think it looks dumb and too "LOOK AT ME! I'M TRYING TOO HARD".

Other wise, everything looks great.

/miss my VR6
//don't miss it breaking every 3 days.

Thanks for your comment mate :D. What are your views on these wheels on a Corrado?

rearquarter.jpg

ED38_05_001.jpg

vetrims.jpg

Last edited:
^^^^ 17" 8.5J corvette rims with 5x100 adapters, opinions?

Last edited: