Gran Turismo 5

How many cars are out for it? The website has 37 but everyone is saying 40+. I guess they'll be releasing more like they did with the demo?

And Aus?

No, it has only been released for the japanese market so far. Asia is to follow in january 2008, the others will most likely get it in the first quarter of the new year.
How many cars are out for it? The website has 37 but everyone is saying 40+. I guess they'll be releasing more like they did with the demo?
There are only 37 cars yet, but it is highly likely there will be more to be downloaded later on. Who knows, it may also well be that our versions will already have more cars and improved features.

Last edited:

I bet that sony do there usual bullshit here and release it later than everywhere and charge full price for it.

Has anyone else in OZ noticed that ps3 games are all still near launch price (which in it's self is a joke) of AU$100 a game (or AU$120 for some games) ($AU100= US$87)

^thats BS paying almost 1/5 of the price for the PS3 for a videogame

I just got my copy in the mail from Playasia, now I have to wait till the 5th when I fly back up to school and have a PS3 to work with. I do hope the full game has the Suzuki Liana or chevy/daewoo lacetti same year and model TG uses esp if they're going to have the track.

^thats BS paying almost 1/5 of the price for the PS3 for a videogame

I just got my copy in the mail from Playasia, now I have to wait till the 5th when I fly back up to school and have a PS3 to work with. I do hope the full game has the Suzuki Liana or chevy/daewoo lacetti same year and model TG uses esp if they're going to have the track.

The 40gb ps3 cost AU$650 (US$572 according to google) (price including GST of 10%) I have a 60gb which cost just over AU$930 (US$818) so it's kinda hard not to feel shafted

to those with a copy, is there damage modelling in game in any form whatsoever?

I know Polyphony Digital said they were going to put it in for GT5 but since that announcement i have heard nothing about it.

Is it worth buying a G25?
Generally yes, especially if you don't have a wheel yet. If you already have a DFP: a G25 is better, but also quite some money to spend.

to those with a copy, is there damage modelling in game in any form whatsoever?
There's no damage yet, and no concrete plans to introduce damage soon. They say it can be put in as an online update, but nobody knows if and when it's going to happen.

Is it worth buying a G25?

As a wheel, it's fantastic. If you don't have a decent FF wheel, I strongly recommended it. Hell, even if you do!

^ Agreed. For driving games you just don't get better. Sure its ?150 or so atm, but its worth it.

A friend of mine will be downloading the demo on the 19th of February when it is released to NA. I already know it has a million cars and great graphics, I most look forward to comparing the physics, I just hope they've gotten better since GT4. If they have I may be swayed to buy a PS3, but it better be super realistic for me to plonk down the kinda cash they're asking. We're talking better than Forza physics, more like Live for Speed physics.

I'm still waiting for it to arrive in my mail!!!!

The waiting it's just horrible!!! :(

So I made this shitty video.

[YOUTUBE]http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=g4jlU8UOsOs[/YOUTUBE]

There was no intention to make it look cool or edit it thorougly whatsoever. I just did it because I wanted to! :p

BTW the TV bit is a replay of a random race I did. I wasn't paying too much attention (hence my little offroad outings :p). Of course I was on S2 tyres, simulation mode, MT and all the aids turned off :D

Last edited:
Can someone please post some HD user-made videos of GT5 prologue?
Thanks in advance!