DB9 or V8 Vantage

And don't get me started about your fanboyism of everything american. Just look at your own sig, ffs!

look at my sig? ok.....

its an American built car.
American engine.
built my an American company.
oh and i'm an American citizen that was born and raised in Texas.

hense the Bald Eagle (U.S. National bird) and the American flag. but i'm not going to turn this into a political debate.

nowhere, at all, in my sig does it say that American cars are the best. again i'd like to ask.....

how am i a fanboy of everything American if i drive something that was built in Japan and something that has a platform that was developed by Germans? i love driving both of my cars. INCLUDING the Toyota. hell, i drive the Toyota more than i do the Cobalt.

Last edited:
Wow great thread........get over it all of you.

DB9 Sports pack in manual for me please. With the Vantage N24 for track use.

The Vantage and DB9 share the common design theme of being boring.

The Vantage and DB9 share the common design theme of being boring.

This coming from someone who drives a Grand Am :lol:

No offense. I couldn't help it.

They do look very similar, but somehow the DB9 seems more elegant while the Vantage is more aggressive and sporty. And I would take either one in a second.

DB9 Sounds better than Vantage =)

i'd have to argue that one

[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=haind4_Zii8[/YOUTUBE]
Great bassline but all the clips i can find make it sound either too raspy, or not throbbing and hearty enough. Worried it kinda lacks harmony. BUT i'm having trouble finding sound clips, so i might be completely wrong.

[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=-DPXYS_1pRI[/YOUTUBE]
still distorted, but with nearly a as good of a bassline, but angrier with more of a throbbing and symphonic sounds

DB9=Loose to Vantage! I think the DBS may be better then both of them though :p

Actually i really like the DB9, I just like harder, smaller cars by nature. I think the design both acoustically and visually is alot less messy then in the DB9, although if speed limits weren't such a bother maybe my mind would change.

Last edited:
To me the Vantage is perhaps the best sounding car, ever, but I'm old enough to love the V8 rumble.

That said, Vantage or Maserati GranTurismo...gotta go Maserati everytime. :)

Steve

To me the Vantage is perhaps the best sounding car, ever, but I'm old enough to love the V8 rumble.

That said, Vantage or Maserati GranTurismo...gotta go Maserati everytime. :)

Steve

Thats getting a bit Offtopic, but damn that makes things hard :?

For me Vantage's sound doesnt sounds right for an Aston.

doesn't sound right for an Aston? i'm guessing you never heard the previous Vantage have you?
[YOUTUBE]Xo9QPmjXSd8[/YOUTUBE]
the sound might be low quality since it lags shortly after the video starts. but it still shows how badass the Vantage LeMans V600 was.

This coming from someone who drives a Grand Am :lol:

No offense. I couldn't help it.

(not ours)
http://img209.imageshack.**/img209/8479/image029wo4.jpg

Ugly? Oh yea. Boring? Not really, there are too many weird shapes that don't go together at all for it to be boring.

doesn't sound right for an Aston? i'm guessing you never heard the previous Vantage have you?
[YOUTUBE]Xo9QPmjXSd8[/YOUTUBE]
the sound might be low quality since it lags shortly after the video starts. but it still shows how badass the Vantage LeMans V600 was.

I just saying personally I dont like Vantage's sound, doesnt mean it's not good. ;)
My video :)
[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=DJBoswJR4-U[/YOUTUBE]

Does anyone else the Vantage looks like really weird?

I love the DB9, and I have to say the DB9 and Vantage looks strikingly similar. However, I think the difference in proportion produces two very different looking car.

Great thread (minus the flaming <_<)

I'd pick the V8 Vantage simply because its more sporty than the DB9. Looks-wise, it doesn't matter which one you pick because either way, you've got yourself one sexy car!

I prefer the Vantage's rear end...it just rounds off that clean front and side profile perfectly. I know, I know, they look so so similar blah blah....

I prefer the Vantage's rear end...it just rounds off that clean front and side profile perfectly. I know, I know, they look so so similar blah blah....

I agree. I would pick the V8. Actually I'd have the DBS because that fixes what I see is wrong (very little slight problem though) with the DB9 - it looks too high. I mean it doesn't look sporty enough, which the DBS' bodykit sorts out perfectly. Porsche? Haha.

Hard really to choose between either of them, I love both cars. I would go for the Vantage, it looks much sportier and aggressive than the DB9 and it has that fantastic V8 soundtrack.

The Vantage is a gentleman who is polite, but would still cut off your testicles if you piss him off enough. :p

so this went from comparing the cars to see if they had any differences to "pick which one you like the best"-type thread?

so this went from comparing the cars to see if they had any differences to "pick which one you like the best"-type thread?
Yes.

After pictures were posted of the two models, the thread starter realised the subtle differences. So yes, then the thread took a slightly different direction.

But I really don't see what your point is :bangin: