25min. series of Top Gear

Turturelo

Does anybody knows about 25 min. cut down series of Top Gear which are used in British Airways planes?

^ I'd never heard of that. It would probably suck as well. 10 hours of TV into 25 minutes? ouch.

^ Ah. Touch?. I made a 3.37 one of those 10 hours the other week. :lol: But. That was to music, and the BBC suck at shortening TV programs.

Why would they cut it down? Last September I was on a couple British Airways flights and I didn't notice any of the shows being being shortened. Is this a new development?

You misunderstood me (my mistake) - 1h episode is cutted down to a 25 min version. TopGear sold such kind of episodes to several national televisions also around the world. I'm looking for some information about them.

I went on Thomsons not too long ago and they played Top Gear in full. :|

I haven't watched Top Gear on TV for ages on Danish television but i do remember the ones i saw as being 25 min "ish" and with out the news section..

Polar Special or Winter Olympics usually goes in full format.

My introduction to Topgear was with such 25min episode, don't remember which airline though. Was the Lotus Esprit episode, also had a Ranger Rover in the mud thing, and a TVR tuned by the Stig.

Any of you know if Virgin Atlantic show TG as well?

I'm off to Yank-land for a while on Thursday, and that would be top quality in-flight entertainment. Still, if they don't, it'll be time to read Flat Out, Flat Broke instead.

^ Yeah. BBC World doesn't deem Top Gear worthy of a 1hour slot. Bastards.

Are these BA episodes the just same as those on BBC World? I think Cathay Pacific just runs the BBC World version as well, with all things directly relating to the UK removed.

I don't know, thats why I'm asking chvvkumar to share

Direct from Wikipedia ('cos it has been nearly 4 years since I watched TG on BBCWorld-which by the way was my 1st ever TG experiance. After that it has been the torrents all the way).

The BBC also broadcasts edited Top Gear programmes on its international BBC World TV channel. Episodes are shortened from their original length of one hour to 30 minutes, often leaving dangling references and inconsistencies. Additionally, the original transmission order is sometimes not adhered to, so references to un-aired events are common. The only footage specially shot for the international version is for the end of each episode, when Clarkson bids his goodbye to BBC World viewers, instead of BBC viewers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Gear

Do these only come on airplanes that have a personal TV screen for everyone in each headrest? What airlines show episodes? I flew KLM Amsterdam to JFK a few weeks ago on a Boeing 777 (which had said feature) and I didn't even to think to see if they had Top Gear on there! :( Would have made the flight go much faster.