Aston Martin Rapide spotted in Denmark

looks a bit ungainly and the rear windows are too deep, they need to be more slit like IMO.

also, even though the aston looks good.... dont you think they could actually compete with porsche on being the laziest designers ever? everything looks like a DB9!

looks a bit ungainly and the rear windows are too deep, they need to be more slit like IMO.

also, even though the aston looks good.... dont you think they could actually compete with porsche on being the laziest designers ever? everything looks like a DB9!

:lol: That's exactly what I said on the previous page before the "Attack of the n00bs" episode started...

Yeah they are lazy.. They're just in the very "unfortunate" position that the car they have are some of the, if not the, best looking cars you can buy today. Pretty tough to improve a car like that :p And making something else that's just as beautiful is even more difficult.. :D

You may call them lazy, but hell.. If i were in their position, i'd be as well.. :p
And Porsche.. Are they even allowed to change the design? All of those 911 fans that are out there would surely riot and burn down the factory if it ever happened.. :)

I think the design looks good and I agree that what we're seeing is still a test mule of sorts. I like the idea of having a 4 door DB9 and why not? We see 3 and 5 door versions of most cars so why not do the same with a supercar?? Makes sense to me!

As to the styling I guess it's not "lazy" as people suggest it's more to establishing an identity like other manufacturers. Remember that Aston is being sold, again, so it's important for them to retain some sort of image much like Porsche and Ferrari.

Mind you it would be nice for Aston to smoke the "wacky backy" and pen something like the mad lagonda again!! :)

I like Aston Martin, but let's face: they are not stretching the DB9 all over their line-up. They are stretching the DB7:
800px-DB7_cropped.jpg

800px-Aston_Martin_DB9_-_Birmingham_-_2005-10-14_%282%29.jpg

Yes, well that was the DB9's predecessor, and the Rapide (well all new Astons actually) is based on the DB9, look-wise

Jesus Christ on fire... I've never seen some many people yelling about something that's so beautiful. Who fucking cares if it's "lazy", as long as they are pumping out beautiful, scene stealing, attention grabbing automobiles what's the big deal? What's wrong about that??

/I wholeheartedly realise there are some people out there with corneal disfigurements and optical handicaps that think Aston's are ugly.

I personally like it alot. Think it looks beautiful.

They failed absolutely miserably. It just looks awkward. The proportions are all messed up.

Bad. The proportions are just plain wrong for the looks now. The DB9 was perfect. The Vantage less so. This much less so.

I really hate to say it, as I usually love Astons, but this just looks like someones added a extra section to a DB9 and completly ruined the proportions on it. Maybe it will look better when its finished, but for once I wish they would make a car without trying to make it look the same as the DB9.

it's strange, it's just too long...

Ugly as hell. If you want family car just buy Volvo. Aston Martin should be proper sport car.

Because it looks like Aston has a machine which grabs either end of a DB9 and stretches them until they could add two doors.

It's hideously ugly.

At least ppl are talking sense here. I have no problems with the idea of an AM saloon car, but make it original, not just a DB9 with an extra limo section welded on. Both the Rapide and Porsche Panamera are awful concepts that are going to be embraced by ppl with too much $$ and not enough good taste (no offense to the ppl here who like the design, but your aesthetic-o-meters are broken).

Jesus Christ on fire... I've never seen some many people yelling about something that's so beautiful. Who fucking cares if it's "lazy", as long as they are pumping out beautiful, scene stealing, attention grabbing automobiles what's the big deal? What's wrong about that??

/I wholeheartedly realise there are some people out there with corneal disfigurements and optical handicaps that think Aston's are ugly.

Astons are alright looking, but boring in their design. I pretty much knew what the DB9, DB0 Volante, V8 Vantage, V8 Vantage Roadster, DBS and now this Rapide would look like just based on a short description of them. Why buy an Aston Martin if it looks bland?

Astons are alright looking, but boring in their design. I pretty much knew what the DB9, DB0 Volante, V8 Vantage, V8 Vantage Roadster, DBS and now this Rapide would look like just based on a short description of them. Why buy an Aston Martin if it looks bland?

This has been a constant problem of yours: if you live a life of excitement and danger and adventure, and are surrounded by Probe 16s and priceless Countach prototypes with retractable high-powered machine guns, then Astons are boring. But when the roads are clogged with this:

96camry.jpg

1999FordExplorer.jpg

Then this:

IMG_3094-786252.jpg

and this:

bt000165_601871.JPG

are far more interesting than the dreck surrounding it, and therefore can't possibly be called boring by any stretch of the imagination.

Don't kid yourselves, your lives aren't that exciting where a sleek $150k supercar has become trite and mundane. I know mine hasn't. :cry:

you also forgot to mention that he says they're bland when he drives this....
pontiac_grandam.jpg

i'm sorry, but unless you drive a high powered, high priced supercar, then you have absolutely have no say in how bland it looks. because a Grand Am is the blandest of bland.

First, I meant the word bland in comparison to other cars in the same class. I've seen far more Ferrari 360's than DB9's and have only seen one V8 Vantage in my life, but the 360 still looks much more interesting than the other two combined.

Second, the most common automobiles I see are the F150, Malibu, Accord and Grand Cherokee. The area where I live (when not at school) is pretty upscale so I see "exotics" maybe a little more frequently than most.

Third, I love the Vanquish. You'll never catch me calling the Vanquish boring, it's easily one of the best looking cars to come out in the past 10 years.

Fourth, I never compared any of the vehicles I listed to our Grand Am. You don't need to own a high priced supercar to have an opinion on how a car looks.

and Ferrari isn't? i mean look at their entry-level car from the 308 to the F430.

the 308 went on with basically the same design for a whole 10 years with minor changes.....

then they moved onto the 328 which is basically the same car with a slightly bigger engine....

then we move onto the 348. if you look at it closely, there's design cues brought over from the 308/328....

the 348 was around for 7 years before moving on with the F355. so technically, the 348's design was around for a full 10 years. only differences is the side intakes and the front and rear fascia. but the 348 and F355 were basically the same shape and size...

shall i go on with the 360 and F430? or have i made my point?

So what? The problem is, Aston Martin are making a whole line of cars which are all variations of each other. I don't see anything wrong with the entry level Ferraris slowly evolving over a period of time. What annoys me is when all a car company does is make small, medium, large and extra large versions of one car.

It's so boring and unimaginative.

EDIT: #1337th post.

And again.. Lagonda!

Knievel-Lagonda-resized.jpg

Last edited:
1.)Dividing by Zero.
2.)God.
3.)What happens to the light when you close the fridge.
4.)Why bartboy dislikes Astons.

These are someone the things man will never be able to understand.
:lmao:

Why is it an Aston BD9 with added doors instead off a whole new model with Aston looks ? I mean c'mon this is some laze shit!

We all know that Porsche has lazy design but at least the Porsche Panamera doesn't seem to look like a 911 with added doors..

...This just isn't gonna cut it...

Shame on Aston!

We all know that Porsche has lazy design but at least the Porsche Panamera doesn't seem to look like a 911 with added doors..

but it WILL look like a sedan version of the Cayenne.