NBC to make US version of Top Gear called "Gear"

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right... I almost didn't include portland...

I should take it off...:mrgreen:

More to the point I was taking a cheap shot at Canada.
:ban?:

Leno

Cant stand him on late night but i really like him when hes talking cars

Oh and I resemble that last remark

That show is being produced by Scott Weintraub, who WAS with the BBC & Top Gear. That secret facility in Los Angeles they refer to is the old El Toro Marine Air Base in El Toro, CA... in Orange County, about 50 miles southeast of Los Angeles.

edit: I will take it off... last time I was there, too many hippies, and the Portland news paper had on the front page a story about how elementary school students were learning to help save the planet by planting little flowers at the school.

Whats so bad about that? That probably is doing more for the environment than everything they want to do to kill cars.

Last edited:
That show is being produced by Scott Weintraub, who WAS with the BBC & Top Gear. That secret facility in Los Angeles they refer to is the old El Toro Marine Air Base in El Toro, CA... in Orange County, about 50 miles southeast of Los Angeles.
Source?

heres to hoping that this wont be a lame, advert riddled, heavily corporate sponsored tv show about cars.

i am cautiously optimistic, odds are it will will not do well because if it is too much like the top gear we love, most Americans won't get it. if it appeals to Americans we will hate it. i will watch it but will not hold my beath. hopefully they get some english guy on there so it seems more proper. i wonder if they will have the fat American Stig?

Holy crap IanTakumi was right... sort of.
So the Writers Guild in the USA is threatening to go on strike come Monday.

This means most, if not all scripted shows and movies will be put on hiatus. And that means Reality Shows might proliferate.

But would it also mean that Foreign Shows might get picked up? Could we theoreticlly see Top Gear or Final Gear get onto a major network?

http://forums.finalgear.com/showthread.php?t=22729&highlight=strike

That one doesn't surprise me, it isn't being used for anything else. Where is your source for this?

ElToro_CA_color.jpg

Not a bad little track.

(Top gear UK's for comparison)

dunsfold_aerodrome_3_jpg(0).jpg

If they do choose to use El Toro, I wonder if they are going to bring someone out to design the course like they did with Lotus in the UK?

edit: I will take it off... last time I was there, too many hippies, and the Portland news paper had on the front page a story about how elementary school students were learning to help save the planet by planting little flowers at the school.

More to the point I was taking a cheap shot at Canada.

I figured - but we're at least as good as Portland and Seattle :lol:

and ALASKA???

If they do choose to use El Toro, I wonder if they are going to bring someone out to design the course like they did with Lotus in the UK?

I was under the impression that lotus designed the track to begin with, and top gear moved in much later.

Who's that guy from wired science on pbs and that digital cable channel. I remember I saw him and he made a family guy reference on pbs. Would really be good at a like Hammond position. Chris Hardwick thats his name, good tv personality and would be great as an everyman. To find a James May though is difficult he is really one of kind

It will be designed jointly by GM, Ford, and Chrysler.

So basically, it will just be a straight length of runway.

This show is going to be garbage, mark my words. Its going to be so watered down to avoid pissing off the manufacturers that no actual car reviews will take place. Kind of how USA auto magazines paint every single car in a positive light.

It will be designed jointly by GM, Ford, and Chrysler.

So basically, it will just be a straight length of runway.
yes, because everything that GM, Ford, and Chrysler makes can only go in a straight line.:rolleyes:
This show is going to be garbage, mark my words. Its going to be so watered down to avoid pissing off the manufacturers that no actual car reviews will take place. Kind of how USA auto magazines paint every single car in a positive light.
carbon copy of every negative posts in this thread.:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.