Sansa Clip or e250?

DTMracer

Car(s)
1988 Mini Cooper, 1998 MB E55 AMG
I recently purchased a Sansa Clip, but walking past the store where I purchased it 2 days ago I saw that they were selling the 2GB Sandisk Sansa E250s for slightly less than what my clip cost me.

Should I return the clip for the e250, or should I just keep the clip. An e250 for less than the cost of the clip seems like a damn good deal to me, but I really like the clip's sound quality and very small size. I just want a good sounding, rugged and reasonably compact player for gym use, but the e250 has much more features and can run rockbox (provided the store is stocking the V1 versions).

So, the question is, clip or E250?

Sansa? e250 MP3 Player 2GB
Features

* Sleek, thin design with large 1.8? TFT color screen for easy viewing
* Strong alloy metal casing provides excellent durability and scratch resistance
* Simple to use, backlit controls for fast device interface navigation
* User replaceable and rechargeable Lithium Ion battery for up to 20 hours of battery life (Based on continuous playback at 128 kbps MP3; rechargeable batteries may eventually need to be replaced as they have limited charge cycles (which vary with use and settings)
* Features microSD? expansion slot for additional memory capacity
* Supports SanDisk TrustedFlash?-enabled cards and Gruvi content cards
* Digital FM tuner*, on-the-fly FM recording*, and voice recording
* No FM-tuner (and no FM-recording) is available in Europe
* Supports Subscription Music Stores
* One year warranty

SanDisk Sansa? Clip MP3 Player 2GB
Feature List

* Plays MP3, WMA, secure WMA and Audible audio file formats
* FM tuner with 40 preset channels^
* Up to 15 hours of play time with internal rechargeable battery***
* Voice recording with built-in microphone

Yeah, but what about sound quality and portability?

I got an e250 for my wife not too long ago. The sound quality is excellent - I can't compare it to a Clip, but it's better than my 5.5G iPod (unless I'm running Rockbox, but that's another story). It's very portable too. Not as small as the Clip, obviously, but about the same size as the last iPod Nano except about twice as thick.

Well i love mine very much and the battery life is long, over 16 hours i would say

I will say that the e250 feels very solid in my hands due to its weight, and it does look pretty cool. The scroll wheel is really heavy to use though.

Ok, just swapped the messed up clip for an e250.

First impressions: Crap sound quality, and it keeps on crashing whenever I have a microSD card inserted. I've updated the firmware already, but it still keeps doing that.

This is the last time I'll ever even think about buying a Sandisk player. Got to make ANOTHER trip to the store tommorow.