The "New Toys" Thread

I just built a new computer

Abit AN8 ultra socket 939 mobo
AMD athlon 64 X2 3800+
2 gb DDR2 ram
ATI Radeon X800XL 256mb pci-e graphics card
WD 160 gb sata 3.0 hd
Cooler Master case

Now, you may be saying, "hey those are really outdated parts, why did you buy that?" I bought that because I got it though a friend and for a grand total, including everything I paid less than 400 USD and it will run crysis on medium to boot.

I'll get a pic soon.

OMFG YES.

tfmfbonus1.jpg

Mine. All mine.

Screw that! I'm so retro, I carry a record player!

Any DAT players? :D
Sadly no :(, I started collecting CD Discmans because I actually use them (well, used to, untill 50 minutes of battery life started to get really boring). No other portable players have outputs strong enough to drive my Etymotic ER-4S effectively, plus vintage Discman's sound quality is just unbeatable, some models' SQ actually rival pricier full-size CD decks.

Last edited:
^ Me want!

^ Me want!

Well you can't have it! :p :wub:

20/5 for me is good enough could have opted for more, but $64 for internet and phone is a nice deal hopefully we can get Fios TV in my part of the City soon. Once that bloody city government passes Verizon as a TV Franchise or something like that :)

And for those of us not in the US, what exactly is Fios?

Fiber Optic Service

And for those of us not in the US, what exactly is Fios?
Digital TV over fiber to your house and possibly fucking fast Internet to go with it (dunno what packages they offer).

Good riddance Comcast.

Fios Speeds From Verizon Themselves:

5/2 Mbps, 10/2 Mbps, 15/2 Mbps, 15/15 Mbps, 20/5 Mbps or the 20/20 Mbp.

A lot more speeds are coming out depending on where you live. 20/5Mbps is fine for me also if all goes well and Verizon gets the TV deal in NYC they will kill TimeWarner Cable and CableVision. THe amount of upgrades to the lines I've seen across the city are an indication of what's to come in our connection speeds across the country. Finally the US has caught up to the Japanese, Asia, and Parts of Europe.