Rumour about porsche's next generation supercar - Porsche Carrera GT II [Photoshop!]

http://img341.imageshack.**/img341/8162/whatafuckingtossercm9.jpg

Last edited:
p9111.jpg
p7911_multihammer_zoom_18515.jpg

1 million euros for 3.4 second 0-60 and 370 top speed? Color me unimpressed with that.

1 million euros for 3.4 second 0-60 and 370 top speed? Color me unimpressed with that.
you seem to forget, that this car will primary be developed to go fast around racetracks and not only flat out on straights, contrary to the bugatti veyron, koenigsegg ccxr, or other 400 km/h supercars! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
sooooooooooooo ugly. If it looks like that it will easily be the Worst sequel ever in supercar history. Say what you want about the F50, but atleast that was a completely new design instead of a raped version of the old F40 design.

Could be possible. FIA is about to change and create a new GT Class. GT1/GT2/GT3... that porsche could fit in it just like the Bugatti Lydia...

I read about it in some german motorsport mag. The carmakers all have their plans, (just like the toyota-hybrid, could be made possible by the future class-changes).

Could be possible. FIA is about to change and create a new GT Class. GT1/GT2/GT3... that porsche could fit in it just like the Bugatti Lydia...
that's only the half of information: more interesting fo the porsche "carrera gt II concept" and also for bugatti's "project lydia" is the changing of the LMP I & II class regulations, processed by the ACO meantime.

Lol at that Porsche Design drill.

I may have Porsche Design Adidas shoes. I wish it didn't say Porsche Design on them, but you can barely see. Only $80 though for the shoes at Finish Line. I went to their NY Porsche Design store and the prices are just ridiculous for the most basic items.

that's only the half of information: more interesting fo the porsche "carrera gt II concept" and also for bugatti's "project lydia" is the changing of the LMP I & II class regulations, processed by the ACO meantime.

True, but Porsche/Audi are not racing against each other at the moment (don't ask me what they are doint over there at ALMS :? ), so i don't think Porsche would make a comeback to LMP in the next years - same for Bugatti.

True, but Porsche/Audi are not racing against each other at the moment (don't ask me what they are doint over there at ALMS :? ), so i don't think Porsche would make a comeback to LMP in the next years - same for Bugatti.

uh Porsche did make a come back to LMP....
1521032007173518625.JPG

they did a DAMN good job at challenging the R10's at the Petit Le Man. the RS Spyder would do better than the R10 in the turns, but the R10's turbo diesel torque took charge on the long straights.

let's say at least, they are not racing against each other in the same class! the aco's changings of the lmp regulations are going to come into effect in 2010, and it demands exactly that kind of racecar, the "carrera gt II" (or the bugatti project lydia, too) is going to be (closed cockpit, no roadsters, etc.). furthermore 2010 will be the period, where audi is going to leave the le mans stage presumably and therefore makes way in the lmp I class for porsche or for bugatti.

uh Porsche did make a come back to LMP....
they did a DAMN good job at challenging the R10's at the Petit Le Man. the RS Spyder would do better than the R10 in the turns, but the R10's turbo diesel torque took charge on the long straights.

yeah, i know - but I was talking about Le Mans and not about some regional racing series :p
I am a huge fan of the RS Spyder and quite dissapointed that they don't race at the Circuit de la Sarthe this year.

Normally, you don't see cars from VAG racing against each other. Well, since Porsche is now nearly a part of VAG.... or VAG is a part of Porsche, that should apply for them too.

Wendelin Wiedeking is a quite strict manager, he was against the R8 and the Veyron (because that is Porsche-territory and not that profitable). He gained a lot of power, so i hope we will still see Lydia and R8 TDI.

But we won't see VAG cars racing in the same Class (LMP1/LMP2 entrance in ALMS is an exception, don't know why - maybe because the american market is sooo important for both)

furthermore 2010 will be the period, where audi is going to leave the le mans stage presumably and therefore makes way in the lmp I class for porsche or for bugatti.
Well that is true (but i don't want to believe it - na na na na na *sing*). That will open the space for the new ones probably.

Same with DTM. The rules are about to change if they have a third carmaker (maybe Lexus). Would Lexus join, BMW is forced to join too. The future shines bright :)

Last edited:
the latest issue of the german car-mag "sport auto" contains a report about roger penske and penske racing in general, in which roger penske referes to the future at the end:
"In my opinion porsche should develop a LMP1 when the time is ripe und the regulations are adequate. That is where porsche belongs." (that is not his original wording because it's translated from english to german by a "sport auto"-reporter and then the other way around by my self)

mr. penske's statement applies exactly to the context of this thread and confirms my speculations: on the one hand porsche won't develop a gt1 because they're selling gt2 racecars successfully (the classes are too similar) and on the other one it is only possible to win races with a LMP2 against a LMP1 in the ALMS but not at le mans itself, least of all with the new stronger LMP2 regulations for 2008. threrefore porsche has to wait until audi retires, when the r10 is not going to conform to the new LMP1 regulations (2010) any longer.
hopefully this is going to be the moment where porsche (and not bugatti) is given the chance to come back to circuit de la sarthe!

mr. penske's statement applies exactly to the context of this thread and confirms my speculations: on the one hand porsche won't develop a gt1 because they're selling gt2 racecars successfully (the classes are too similar) and on the other one it is only possible to win races with a LMP2 against a LMP1 in the ALMS but not at le mans itself, least of all with the new stronger LMP2 regulations for 2008. threrefore porsche has to wait until audi retires, when the r10 is not going to conform to the new LMP1 regulations (2010) any longer.
hopefully this is going to be the moment where porsche (and not bugatti) is given the chance to come back to circuit de la sarthe!

yes, I looked at the sportauto article, you are right. just 2 more years :lol:

The best part is that the value of the old Carrera GT will go down when this comes out, I don't care how fast this is the old one was perfect, 620 hp, a tad over 3000 lbs and a drop top. Glad to hear they made this one though