Found my new car

All I can say is, your parents much be damn rich<_<

uh Flynn, they aren't that much used.:blink: you make it sound like its an $100,000 car.

And im not paying for the whole thing. Half the payments and pretty much all the gas (hence why i went 6MT and RWD, better MPGs)

So how is it your car then?
I bet you aren't paying for insurances and other running costs either. Great that you have rich parents but don't be an asshole and call it your own car if it isn't.

All I can say is, your parents much be damn rich<_<

For serious. That quoted $17,000+ is more than I paid for my new (NEW!) Impreza.

yeah, Fifteen thousand dollars when you're 16 is too much for what im used to

Ive been driving a one thousand dollar car now for almost two years with no problems. and it does everything I want it to do

on a lighter note id love to win the lottery right now

Think about it this way. He probably doesn't have any friends, so he doesn't go out, therefore he needs to spend the money on a fancy, flash car! :p

Man, why are so many people vilifying this guy because his parents are helping him out with a seventeen thousand dollar car? My parents paid for three quarters of my current car, an Audi A3, and we are by no means rich. I live in Liverpool, which is south-western Sydney (the aussies will get the point). My degree is 100% on loan, I work 25-30 hours a week to keep up with expenses...I have to travel 40km each way for Uni and work, hence it was my parents way of consoling me for the relatively long travel. That and I got a pretty good UAI (basically the overall mark that gets you into uni). I see people on provisional licenses at my uni driving brand new Golf R32s, 3 series beamers...a dude I know just turned 21 (still at uni) and got an R34 GTR.

I'm surprised a fucking family saloon, a used Nissan at that, is causing this reaction. Surprise surprise but some people (or their parents) can afford 20K first cars. Doesn't make them 'fucking rich'. Grow up.

Man, why are so many people vilifying this guy because his parents are helping him out with a seventeen thousand dollar car? My parents paid for three quarters of my current car, an Audi A3, and we are by no means rich. I live in Liverpool, which is south-western Sydney (the aussies will get the point). My degree is 100% on loan, I work 25-30 hours a week to keep up with expenses...I have to travel 40km each way for Uni and work, hence it was my parents way of consoling me for the relatively long travel. That and I got a pretty good UAI (basically the overall mark that gets you into uni). I see people on provisional licenses at my uni driving brand new Golf R32s, 3 series beamers...a dude I know just turned 21 (still at uni) and got an R34 GTR.

I'm surprised a fucking family saloon, a used Nissan at that, is causing this reaction. Surprise surprise but some people (or their parents) can afford 20K first cars. Doesn't make them 'fucking rich'. Grow up.

I think they are doing it just because its 'me'. Oh well. I wont let them bring it down. My family is anything but rich.

Anyways, we test drove the car yesterday, its mint except for one curb rashed rim. We decided we are gonna try and sell the Trailblazer for it. Then its only a couple thousand in difference to make up.

Car is nice though. Very smooth, and sticks are a lot of fun. :)

I spent a year driving the Trailblazer (which is a POS to you guys) and my parents wanted to get somthing with a little better fuel economy.

My dad isnt happy though. He likes the Blazer and wanted to keep it because its so useful and we can use it for a lot more than this G would.

We still might keep both of them, but i dont know. We havnt figured it out yet.

yeah, Fifteen thousand dollars when you're 16 is too much for what im used to

Ive been driving a one thousand dollar car now for almost two years with no problems. and it does everything I want it to do

on a lighter note id love to win the lottery right now

I drove my Buick ($1,200) for a whole bunch of years before she died on me, so I totally know what you mean. I think everybody needs to drive a crappy car for a few years so they can better appreciate newer cars when they get them. The smallest things in my Subaru make my happy now: my airbags, my ABS, my properly bolstered seat (not having your left side fall asleep when you're driving anywhere for more than an hour is WONDERFUL), and a headliner that doesn't fall down even after you repair it means more to me than the HP gains or anything like that.

Old cars have CHARACTER, man.

I spent a year driving the Trailblazer (which is a POS to you guys) and my parents wanted to get somthing with a little better fuel economy.

My dad isnt happy though. He likes the Blazer and wanted to keep it because its so useful and we can use it for a lot more than this G would.

We still might keep both of them, but i dont know. We havnt figured it out yet.

O boohoo a year driving your Trailblazer...I've spent over a year driving a 94 Caravan with 2 giant dents in both sides (runs half the car length on both sides) with over 270kilos and stalls in the winter bc it doesn't like the cold. I am grateful I even have a car. But I am extremely jealous that your getting a G. Although I'd rather go for something else (Sti or a 944) you have an awesome car coming your way. Congrats:thumbsup:

O boohoo a year driving your Trailblazer...I've spent over a year driving a 94 Caravan with 2 giant dents in both sides (runs half the car length on both sides) with over 270kilos and stalls in the winter bc it doesn't like the cold. I am grateful I even have a car. But I am extremely jealous that your getting a G. Although I'd rather go for something else (Sti or a 944) you have an awesome car coming your way. Congrats:thumbsup:

A 944 would be a maintenance nightmare and an STi is hard to be had for 17grand lol :lol:

Thanks guys.

944s are pretty reliable.

Well, until something breaks. My brother had one that ran fine, perfectly reliable.. until we started seeing oil in the coolant.. that was the end of that car.

944s are pretty reliable.

Well, until something breaks. My brother had one that ran fine, perfectly reliable.. until we started seeing oil in the coolant.. that was the end of that car.

Ahaha. And you dont see to many, so i imagine parts would be hard to find for the car.

My dad wanted to get a 944 back in the early 90s. But my mom wanted somthing practical. So my dad bought a Ford Taurus SHO lol