The "New Toys" Thread

Time to upgrade your phone, I'm sure you qualify for the "New Every 2 Years" by now. :lol:

The one (and only) thing I don't like about Verizon is their poor selection of phones and the crap proprietary software they put on them.

I love my phone (LG VX8600), but the UI is terrible. I don't need flashy graphics or sounds, but it could at least be customizable. Add to that the way they bend you over with not allowing you to add custom ringtones (thank God for BitPim) I'm surprised more people don't switch to someone else.. can't beat the service though.

The one (and only) thing I don't like about Verizon is their poor selection of phones and the crap proprietary software they put on them.

I love my phone (LG VX8600), but the UI is terrible. I don't need flashy graphics or sounds, but it could at least be customizable. Add to that the way they bend you over with not allowing you to add custom ringtones (thank God for BitPim) I'm surprised more people don't switch to someone else.. can't beat the service though.

Your network limits what you do with your phone :blink:.
Most don't even bother limiting you to their network anymore over here.

Your network limits what you do with your phone :blink:.
Most don't even bother limiting you to their network anymore over here.

Verizon uses CDMA so they don't use sims so they have ways of locking their phones up. Tmobile and AT&T use sim cards but they are open to mods. I guess it's each companies choice.

My old head unit busted over the weekend (cd eject is toast) so I ordered a new head unit and this arrived yesterday.

https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/01/26/h113KDCX591Fmtp.jpg

It was 160 bucks at crutchfield with free shipping, harness, ipod connector, and insert for my dash (about 60 dollars worth of crap). Took me about an hour and half to install including the splicing of the two harnesses. I'm liking it so far, just gotta get the audio settings tweaked though being able to change the CD is just great.

^I bet it's actually MDF/particle board with a veneer. What I'm more interested in is that oval mat on the floor. What's it made out of? Cotton? Bamboo? Straw? Who knows?*

It's these sort of hard-hitting questions that keep me up at night.

*Well, aside from phuckingduck.

The table is not a composite wood, although I've never really taken a good look at it. I can assure you though, aint no ikea. The carpet I'll take a look at; the picture is from my g/f's house. The macbook is the base one, no upgrades. $1080 total on checkout for it =D