Audi A5 Sportback

ahpadt

Forum Addict
From the moment the first Mercedes-Benz CLS four-door "coupe" was introduced to the public, other German luxury automakers hit the drafting board. According to the German auto experts at AutoBild, Audi is just over a year away from unleashing its own cleverly packaged sedan. The A5 Sportback would be based off the A4/A5 platform, and takes a little of both models and melds them together. Audi parent company VW has already unveiled a four-door coupe version of the Passat destined for sale in the fall, so an A5 Sportback appears to be a safe bet. The A5 won't be the only four-door coupe in the Audi fleet either, as the A7 should arrive in 2010, and AutoBild mentions the arrival of a new A3 Sportback a year later.

If there is a Sportback edition of every odd-numbered Audi, an Avant version of the even numbered models, and an S and RS for all, it's easy to see how Audi plans to expand its product lineup by 18 models by 2015. The A5 is already handsome, but if the four-ringed automaker could add the practicality of four doors while keeping the coupe's good-looking lines, we foresee another hit for Audi. Click the read link below to view Auto Bild's CGI rendering of the A5 Sportback.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/01/25/audis-version-of-the-vw-passat-cc-the-a5-sportback/

Possible engines:

1.8 TFSI, 160 PS/250 Nm
2.0 TFSI, 180 PS/320 Nm
2.0 TFSI, 211 PS/350 Nm
3.2 V6 FSI, 265 PS/330 Nm
2.0 TDI, 143 PS/320 Nm
2.0 TDI, 170 PS/350 Nm
2.7 V6 TDI, 190 PS/380 Nm
3.0 V6 TDI, 240 PS/500 Nm

https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/01/28/45805444b8437e9f0a.jpg

https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/01/28/45805435d9809cfcd0.jpg

https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/01/28/45805440b9b7f89954.jpg

That thing is seriously good looking!

Last edited:
hm.. looks better than the CLS allright.. but im not too sure about the rear end styling.

fo far its already miles better looking than the CLS, ill have to wait and see how this thing performs.

So A5 is kinda like A4 but with fewer doors. And A5 sportback is A5 with 4 doors. And you choose this over A4 because ____________________ ?

I know VW is doing it with Passat CC or whatever it was called but do people really want to pay the money over regular A4 vs A5 sportback?

So A5 is kinda like A4 but with fewer doors. And A5 sportback is A5 with 4 doors. And you choose this over A4 because ____________________ ?

I know VW is doing it with Passat CC or whatever it was called but do people really want to pay the money over regular A4 vs A5 sportback?

Same reason people buy the CLS over an E class, because it's different.

I think it looks really good! Just like everything Audi puts out.

I like it, but it is way too close to becoming an estate.

Same reason people buy the CLS over an E class, because it's different.

You can't really compare. CLS is E-class deriative which looks fabulous as E-class is plain Taxi-drivers bulk car.
A5 is nice already, how can they make it more desirable by adding two doors and making it longer?

Audi you have done it again. They are not boring. They are not 'sales rep's' cars. They are just cool. I say yes. Yes please.

way to close to BMW and that thing thats not an suv and not a car. I dont know about this market.

Great another 4 door car with absolutely NO rear headroom, brilliant *sarcastic golf claps*

Why do most Audi's have to be wrong-wheel-drive with the engine mounted longitude?

Just make sure it doesn't get any on the carpet.

/subtle crapping dog pose reference

1. mistake the A5 4door is NO sedan that wants to look like a Coupe.. it is a Fastback with a large reardoor

2. as said befor the A5 A4 and Passat share nothing 2 different platforms 2 completely different cars

3. the delivery start of the A5 4door sportback is week 13 2009... already published by Audi

4. there will be no S5 and RS5 4door version only S-Line.

5. Audi has already released the engine range avaible for the A5 4door Sportback.. 3 different petrol engines with 4 different hp outputs (two 4 banger one V6) and 3different diesel engines (one 4banger two V6)

6. quattro comes stock at the two V6 diesel engines

7. quattro is avaible as option for the 170hp diesel 4 banger and the powerfull petrol engines

8. a 7speed DSG is avaible only at the quattro versions

9. the wheelbase of the A4 the wide of the A5.. the length is shorter as A4(B8) but longer as A5

10. it will get a moving rearspoiler because fastbacks have a critical lift at higher Autobahn speeds

Last edited:
I think i like it...plus you can easily put 2 bodies in the trunk (those who saw Hitman know what i mean)! :)

I'm usually not one for Audis but my gosh I love this one! There's something about the side windows and the way the roof slants back that reminds me of the old Quattro.

Well, i just saw a black A5 just a few hours ago, and that looks stunning. Adding two doors make it not as stunning, but still pretty good looking :) If i really needed 4 doors, i think i'd pick the new A4 because that is such a looker too. _But the A5 is just brilliant.