Official Rolex 24 at Daytona Thread

Elmo187

Car(s)
Cobalt SS/SC-SN95 5.0 Stang-Toyota Corolla AE86
Ganassi/Sabates will be running 2 Lexus Riley DP's with some of the biggest names in motorsports:

Dario Franchitti
Juan Pablo Montoya
Scott Pruett
Scott Dixon
Salvador Duran
Alex Lloyd
Dan Wheldon
IMG_0362.JPG

famous Audi R10 ALMS LMP driver, Allan McNish will be piloting a Pontiac Riley DP this year.
082507ROL800_0002.jpg

Vision Racing and their Porsche Crawford DP will be arriving with some other big names of motorsports:

John Andretti
Ed Carpenter
A.J. Foyt IV (grandson)
Tony George
Vito Meira
Rolex%2024-Thursday%20005.jpg

Derek and son Justin Bell will be piloting a Pontiac Riley for RVO Motorsports.
grandam-2006-dt-jd-0328.jpg

Max Angelelli will be back to pilot the SunTrust Racing Pontiac Riley DP:
EVENT268.jpg

famous sport car racer, Andy Wallace will be piloting the Ruby Tuesday Porsche Crawford:
IMG_8917.jpg

not a whole lot of NASCAR Sprint Cup regulars this time around. Kurt Busch, A.J. Allmendinger, and JPM are the only ones.

famous Grey's Anatomy TV star, Patrick Dempsey (who's also been doing EXTREMELY well in the Koni Challenge Series) will be piloting a Mazda RX-8.

Andy Pilgrim and Jan Magnussen (Corvette Racing C6.R drivers) will be piloting both Pontiac GXP.R's.

I was hoping that someone else was following this. Yeah Dempsey had those oops early on in his stint. The weather has been kinda wild. It's been pretty interesting, as a 24 hour race should. Go Alex Gurney and Jon Fogarty (as well as Jimmy Vasser and Jimmie Johnson)!

Such a big bummer that Derek Bell's car was out so early, now we don't get to see him race. :cry:

I got the eurosport torrent. But the guy who was supposed to have the Speed rip hasn't uploaded yet. So I am stuck watching the speed feed with the eurosport announcers. Not bad, but i miss the Speed channel so much. I feel deprived having to watch things delayed on torrent ever since school started.

Excuse my ignorance, but where did you find the eurosport torrent? Will they have a part two?

I was pondering driving over to check this out from Orlando, but the weather here made me be too lazy. I feel as if I missed something cool.

Yep, they have part 2, I am 33% done dling at about 160K, but my seed is maxed at 1mb/sec.
racing-underground dot com

Brilliant Tbone, thanks.
Whappeh - It's pretty exciting, with the interesting weather a plus factor.

Pretty surprised to hear that Dempsey races. His team is 51st, 32nd in class.

Edit: Looks like they're doing track maintenance right now. Everybody is heading to the pits. Raining very hard.

Last edited:
Scott Pruett and Ganassi/Sabates take the #01 TelMex/Target Lexus Riley DP to victory lane for the 3rd time in a row.

Mazda also gets their first win in years of a winless drought beating out Porsche's and Ferrari's like they did in the old days. and even better, it was in an RX-8.

i saw this. it was awesome. but im still a little confused on the classes. i understand the gt class but was the rest of it nascar or le mans or something? ive never seen that body stye before

If you guys liked what you saw, the races are usually much closer than this (think first portion). It's a great series; I've been following it since the Daytona Prototype idea was thought of in 2003. Now only two months away until my next fix.

For my money, this series and the American Le Mans Series was the best racing I watched last year by far.

For my money, this series and the American Le Mans Series was the best racing I watched last year by far.

Isn't that the truth, especially in ALMS, when Porsche jabbed a stick into Audi's bicycle spokes, so to say.

Isn't that the truth, especially in ALMS, when Porsche jabbed a stick into Audi's bicycle spokes, so to say.

they just couldn't pull it out at Sebring, LeMan, Road Atlanta, and Laguna even though they were up front the whole time.

Scott Pruett and Ganassi/Sabates take the #01 TelMex/Target Lexus Riley DP to victory lane for the 3rd time in a row.

Mazda also gets their first win in years of a winless drought beating out Porsche's and Ferrari's like they did in the old days. and even better, it was in an RX-8.

Aw fuck. I'd of loved to see an RX8 win something.

I was there myself. Thought it was cool that they had a Pontiac G8 pace car (I have photos of the G8 that was on display in car sightings). Pretty fun stuff.

As for the LeMans guys, one of the Krohn Racing cars had one of the Aston Martin drivers and one of the Corvette guys driving it. Fun to see two guys who are normally at odds working to bring the same car home.

:love: GXP.R

sucp_0705_11_z+2007_rolex_24_at_daytona+banner_racing_pontiac_GXPR.jpg