Random Thoughts....

It starts now. I hold people accountable for their words and their actions, and if you do something that deserves a sucker-punch then you deserve to have your nose bloodied - and maybe next time you will think twice before speaking.

It's for the greater good.

What if they can kick your ass?

Then they must face my biting sarcasm!

There are people who could kick my ass, but I usually have a considerable size advantage. (6'4" and 235 lb)

Also, I should say, that I have not been in a fist fight since Jr. High. I can usually make most people whither with words. I've never had anyone spit in my face, however. I think that if some scrawny bearded hippie did that to me, I would kick his ass. I'm pretty sure that constitutes assault because it's physical contact, in which case the person who was spat upon can respond in kind.

EDIT: Sorry, I'm just in a bad mood I guess. I'm a bit pissed off at the world right now.

Last edited:
OK even if those youngsters were wearing their seatbelts they would be now be dead, I am sorry to say. Such a waste of young lives - still they probably knew that they were alive.

This is about the worst crash I have ever seen:

[youtube]xokJEbfsDe0[/youtube]

Wow...impressive crash.:blink:

It's fucking cold outside.

https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/01/27/cold1.jpg

-38 Celsius with windchill at the moment, supposed to get colder over the next couple of days. -34 Monday and Tuesday not including windchill. Forecast indicates -45 with windchill, but we'll see.

Last edited:
I don't blame you, Cobol. The weather is completely random here. The day before yesterday, it was approx. 40 degrees warmer!

From last year:

https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/01/27/yaitscold.w492.jpg

Been thinking for years that computer science was really my thing, but now I end up in my final year (fourth) and I come to the conclusion that I suck in computer science. Turns out it's not exactly about toying with cool hardware.
Sucks. Now my parents paid the price of a nice car to let me study and I struggle to finish my year because I lost almost all interest. So close of having my diplome, but I can't be bothered because I don't ever want to do a job consisting of nine-to-five programming stuff.

It's crap stay well away - all the European jobs are going to India - get some other skill quick - I am not joking! Pass this course first though - business, law or accountancy is good for now, watch out though this stuff could go that way too. God only knows what the hell we are going to do for jobs in about 10 years time - all the manufacturing will be in China and all the white collar jobs in India, African countries are just beginning to be in the game too.

Do not worry though, all the Politicians are going to fanny around until it is too late.

/EDIT just re-read my mini rant - may not be that bad. What brought it home to me was my Swiss owned company first "outsourced" to an American company my job, and they then "let go" lots of people once the Indian Cohort had arrived and learnt the particulars of the jobs and went home again - no problem with them they are just trying to make a living - when you realise that they can do my job for 25% of my wages it does not take a genius to work out what will happen to me some time soon.

Last edited:
Damn, that's crazy. Canada just seems to have insane weather.

Today parts of Vancouver had a really nice sunny day while other areas, including where I live, had a pretty full-blown snowstorm. Now, just a few hours later, it's all melted and the sky looks clear. I also heard on the radio that parts of Metro Vancouver were getting gobs of snow in totally sunny conditions.

I've been to a bunch of places but I've never seen weather as temperamental as Vancouver. Still beats Calgary though... brrrrr.

It's fucking cold outside.

-38 Celsius with windchill at the moment, supposed to get colder over the next couple of days. -34 Monday and Tuesday not including windchill. Forecast indicates -45 with windchill, but we'll see.

I wonder what % of posts in the "Random Thoughts" thread have to do with weather, or the complaining about weather. :think:

I wonder what % of posts in the "Random Thoughts" thread have to do with weather, or the complaining about weather. :think:

Doing some quick 'n' dirty statistics (# of posts in the thread that contain the word "weather" / total # of posts in the thread), I get 48/7715 ? 0.6%.

Also:

cold/total = 86/7715 ? 1.1%
temperature/total = 21/7715 ? 0.3%
rain/total = 28/7715 ? 0.4%

Not that high, but fairly significant. Beats playing backgammon and talking about needing a new hip, though. :wheelchair:

:p

Southwestern Ontario has been pretty normal. What some people call a lot of snow, I say it is normal for this area. Pansies.

On another one, browsing the web on a P3 647 with 384 MB of SDRAM is painful. My main system took a dump last night; corrupted boot.ini file and then the cherry on the cake was a hardware malfunction which put the system into a constant reset. Unplugged everything, plugged in, formatted the system (it needed that), and finally just about finished it. 24 hours later....

Eleventeen.

Come on globe! Warm already! I wish I had a time machine so I could go back and start punching people in the face. I mean, who the fuck thought it would be a good idea to settle in places where it easily gets below freezing for half the year?? :?

Doing some quick 'n' dirty statistics (# of posts in the thread that contain the word "weather" / total # of posts in the thread), I get 48/7715 ? 0.6%.

Also:

cold/total = 86/7715 ? 1.1%
temperature/total = 21/7715 ? 0.3%
rain/total = 28/7715 ? 0.4%

Not that high, but fairly significant. Beats playing backgammon and talking about needing a new hip, though. :wheelchair:

:p

There is no greater ownage... than scientific and statistical ownage.