Dads getting a new Truck, Impressions?

WannabeSS

Car(s)
2003 Chevy Trailblazer LTZ
Well, my dad started researching pickups today to replace our aging 2000 Chevy Silverado and hes decided he wants an 08 GMC Sierra Denali. It looks like for the options he wants, they are around 45k... (nuts, i know, but we keep our trucks for so long anyways, might as well get the best)

This would be somthing that my mom would drive, then dad gets an 08 G35X Sport, and mine 04 G35 6mt.

They look like this:
sierra-denali.jpg

inline_07_sierradenali_12.jpg

Hes already sent some emails out to different dealers (including this massive one in Omaha Nebraska) so hopefully in the next month or two, we will have one. My dad wants to use it to go snowmobiling out west. My dad is nuts, but oh well. I already told him i wanna drive this beast to school a couple times. :lol:

So does anyone have any input on these things/experience? It has a 403hp 6.2 V8 (the main reason my dad wants it haha) and looks to be pretty nicely appointed.

I'm fairly sure the new GM trucks won the motor trend truck of the year award, and I've heard all good things about them. I would say go for it.

Yea, im just reading things on them. Looks pretty promising. Should tow our boat and snowmibles like a dream. These things get pretty decent gas mileage to. Like 20 on the highway.

And BTW. This, combined with my car, and my dads new G (when he gets it) would replace our 04 G35X, the 03 Trailblazer, and 00 Silverado.

As far as under the skin, I love the new Silverados. However, I wouldn't buy one: They're ugly as sin. Luckily, Chevrolet had some foresight here, and so they offered the Silverado Classic. I don't know if they still do, but if they do that's the one I'd go for.

As far as under the skin, I love the new Silverados. However, I wouldn't buy one: They're ugly as sin. Luckily, Chevrolet had some foresight here, and so they offered the Silverado Classic. I don't know if they still do, but if they do that's the one I'd go for.

^that was only a 1 year thing. The new Silverado IS really ugly.

Thats why we are getting a GMC :lol: That and i think my uncle talked my dad into one. (He has a 2500HD Duramax Diesel SLT loaded 2007 Sierra)

It's the right truck to buy. The Dodge is aperently no good, and the F150, when it comes down to it... is a ford.

^Classic style is done. The problem is, it isnt half the truck the new one is. Believe me lol

Why do I have a sneaking suspicion that your Dad will end up driving this and your Mom will end up driving the Infiniti. :razz:

If I had my choice I would go with Ford, they have jumped ahead of GM in the past two years when it comes to build quality and reliability, also the new F-150 has one of the nicest interiors I've ever seen on a truck.

I have yet to be impressed by anything GM had done in the last 30 years.

If your getting a truck, screw the ones with all that chrome and fancy stuff. Like the new F-150 Mid-box with plastic bumpers and steel wheels.

f150_xl_ftside.jpg

you know what that entertainment thing just reminded me of....

XM and Sirius are in the middle of getting their merger approved through the FCC. so if that happens, you'll be able to listen to Howard lol.

I wish I was rich, for the last 10 years my dad's been driving something like this...

Kristin_Ipes_Truck0.jpg

but besides that, good choice on truck. just make sure you don't bring the chrome stuff out working with it