Five dead after car crashes off end of private airstrip

And this is why I drive a 75hp FWD car as my first car and did a security driving training with slippery surfaces etc..

And this is also why my child won?t get a fast car (or mine ^^) for his birthday.

From irc..

[DFence] Today i was doing 190 on the autobaan, for about 30 minutes straight, i think i burned my exaust.

(or something like that.. :p )

From irc..

[DFence] Today i was doing 190 on the autobaan, for about 30 minutes straight, i think i burned my exaust.

(or something like that.. :p )

I did :). But I have like ~200.000km driving expirience on German Autobahnen and I did it at night :)

Last edited by a moderator:
A surprising amount of people die every day all over the world. Many under far more tragic circumstances than the above mentioned.

Holy Shit, people die!

You going to mourn them all?

excuse me? I'm asking to show some respect. And you argue that it's ok not to - just because there are others dying elsewhere every day? That's ignorant.

Death is permanent, just because it happens to many people everyday, doesn't mean that as a human being you shouldn't have respect and empathy for the deceased... The driver was irresponsible, and took the lives of four of his friends.

No need to be a douche bag

Bad shit happens all the time, i would find it thoroughly draining to empathise with every tragedy i hear of.
I am sure their close friends and family will mourn their deaths heavily. Is it also necessary to expect anonymous people on the internet to feel the same?

My daughter has cancer, got about a month to live. So sorry but i don't have enough tears left for stupid young rich kids.
You want to get emo about that too?

Last edited:
the driver's friends are equally at fault here. they were being just as irresponsible by being a passenger. they were all trespassing on a private airfield in the middle of the night, and decided to (presumably) to a top speed run. i'm sorry, but i have no sympathy for any of them. for their families and friends? of course.

now, dying due to cancer is truly tragic. that's something a person doesn't have any control over. a group of dumbasses don't really deserve anyone's sympathy.

Lol, i like to think in that situation, if i knew i was going to die, i'd let out one last "WEEEEEEEEE!" before i died.

Give your friends a little moment before death.
if i were in a speeding car about to go over a ledge, i would bail out of the car. tuck and roll! they must've been going ridiculously fast to have traveled so far in the air even after braking hard before the end of the runway. i'd much rather risk some broken limbs than sure death.

Last edited:
Bad shit happens all the time, i would find it thoroughly draining to empathise with every tragedy i hear of.
I am sure their close friends and family will mourn their deaths heavily. Is it also necessary to expect anonymous people on the internet to feel the same?

My daughter has cancer, got about a month to live. So sorry but i don't have enough tears left for stupid young rich kids.
You want to get emo about that too?

I'm not asking anyone to go through the drain and loss of death and losing someone for some twits in a car. I am merely making the statement that it's not funny to say "Ha ha they were rich, I'm jealous of what they had, they're dead, I'm happy". To be like that is to be a callous jerk.

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

I'm not asking anyone to go through the drain and loss of death and losing someone for some twits in a car. I am merely making the statement that it's not funny to say "Ha ha they were rich, I'm jealous of what they had, they're dead, I'm happy". To be like that is to be a callous jerk.

what he said was perfectly fine, he didn't say anything about taxing the rich into poverty. All he said, and i agree with him on this, are that their are more pressing issues, so why get so worked up about one obviously misguided kid with rich parents?

if i were in a speeding car about to go over a ledge, i would bail out of the car.
I'm still not too sure that physics would be on your side. You'd probably just get yourself banged up on the pavement, then fly off the ledge, then go splat :lol:. I mean, look at that car! They had just enough time to think about shitting themselves before they hit the trees, much less tuck and roll.

Death is permanent, just because it happens to many people everyday, doesn't mean that as a human being you shouldn't have respect and empathy for the deceased...
I'm not some sort of cruel fiend. I get sad thinking about anybody that dies. Rather than be overwhelmed by the woes of the world i choose to portion out my emotions to those closest to me. Surely it is my right to choose who i feel for and the level of emotion?

Call me crazy but prior to this post of yours i don't believe i wrote anything derogatory or disrespectful about the 5 deceased.

I'm not asking anyone to go through the drain and loss of death and losing someone for some twits in a car.
I'm sure you don't expect people to go through extreme sorrow for complete strangers. I'm certainly not happy that they died, but i am also not overly saddened by it. If feelings of ambiguity make one a bag of douche then i must be one hell of a douche bag.

I am merely making the statement that it's not funny to say "Ha ha they were rich, I'm jealous of what they had, they're dead, I'm happy". To be like that is to be a callous jerk.
Hey i agree with that 100%
To be fair though i have not written anything remotely like that. Are you just making up reasons to argue?

So when you called me a douche bag you were being nice? Ok then.

excuse me? I'm asking to show some respect. And you argue that it's ok not to - just because there are others dying elsewhere every day? That's ignorant.
I think you are assuming that me not feeling sorry for the deaths means that i am glad they died. I really just don't feel strongly either way.

Thinking you can dictate the emotions of others... now thats ignorant.

Last edited:
I'm certainly not dictating your feelings, don't go as low as saying that, please.. But please be humble to critisism when you obviously lack any empathy in a tragic incident. So what if he was stupid taking 4 others into his death, it's still tragic, and I'm not going to NOT feel bad about it - just because others are dying elsewhere every day! That's a poor argument.

I'm certainly not dictating your feelings, don't go as low as saying that, please.. But please be humble to critisism when you obviously lack any empathy in a tragic incident. So what if he was stupid taking 4 others into his death, it's still tragic, and I'm not going to NOT feel bad about it - just because others are dying elsewhere every day! That's a poor argument.

How can you criticise my lack of empathy and then say you are not trying to dictate how i should feel? Thats exactly what you are doing.

You choose to feel a certain way towards this event, i respect that. Shame you cannot respect my choice. For all the empathy you claim to have with the dead you show very little towards the living.

If you wish to discuss with me further how i should be feeling, please contact me via PM. No need to drag this debate out any further here.

Last edited:
please look up "to dictate" on Wiki bacause I think you got the word wrong... all I said was "please be humble to critisism". I'm out..

Jesus christ! The question is, how would an 18 year old male even get insured even with the dad as the main driver on an M5 or even a normal 5 series!? I have heard stories of insurance being close to ?1000 even for a 1 litre Corsa driven by a 17/18 year old male, let alone a 500 horsepower Beemer. Infact, from what I have seen, most companies wouldn't even go there.