Hot Hatches in the US?

I know that the 06 gti's had taller springs and looked kinda dumb, but the 07s got the euro springs and look much better.

Unles something has changed they all have the same springs as the 06. Its a DOT thing and unless they get some rule changes or redesign of the headlamps they are going to be jacked up.

Other then the springs as Crazyjeeper said, the Euro and US car are pretty much the same. Maybe you have seen them with the Vortex body kit which is a Dealer/OE option.

Well, my brother has an 07 and it does not look nearly as awkward as the 06 that I posted. and no he doesn't have the body kit.

Hum, I thought it was the same as 06 but I guess it is a bit lower as when i google around people are claiming a 15mm drop. Which is weird as I have an 07 GTI as well =P I remember when i went shopping for my GTI most forums reported that the drop in hight that was expected did not happen, so i assumed it did not. But I guess they were wrong.
I guess with the 18in rims it does not seem that way, but, i have never stood next to an 06 GTI to compare.

A friend of mine has a basic 2003 neon, and I must warn you, the interior is some kind of crappy, if that matters to you.

They also have some very weird blind spots and the side mirrors are very tough to get adjusted properly because of the curve to the bodywork... I hated mine pretty much all the time.

Last edited:
They also have some very weird blind spots and the side mirrors are very tough to get adjusted properly because of the curve to the bodywork... I hated mine pretty much all the time.

They were also the most unsafe car sold until they quit selling them a couple years ago.

I would not suggest a Neon. The car is a death trap.

If you're going 2000-2004, ignore the GTI. Too heavy and just frankly boring. I

x2^^

For overall use i think the Focus is the best choice. I think the mini would be a great car if you don't mind a lack of room and retro styling, as well as the WORST exhaust note of post 2000 (well, its atleast the MOST stereotypical i4 sound you can get)

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHVbpENpSZk[/YOUTUBE]

sounds like its weezing^^

Persoally i like the Focus, it only weighs a little more and it seems to be more practical. Plus the styling is original :)

Focus SVT, or a Impreza WRX wagon, I have a bias for the WRX, but both will be a lot of fun and auto-x great.

True, WRX is also epic. Looked at one of those and at the time, I thought it was the best car I had ever driven by far.