Californication

yeah it's GREAT

i do not believe so

^^The band sued Showtime as well as Californication's executive producers and production companies over the name of the show, saying that it creates "unfair competition, dilution of the value of the name, and unjust enrichment" of the album, according to the Associated Press, so we'll have to see what happens when the next season starts.

Yup, great show, makes me wonder just how many writers are like that in LA. Btw, incase you didn't know, Madeline Zima who played little Grace on The Nanny acts in it. You can see more of her here(NSFW), just remember not to view it at work or in your family living room :wink:

Last edited:
BS that they could just so blandly copy RHCP's word, song, and album name!

The word existed long before RHCP decided to use it for a song.

I think it's a trademark issue, since a television series is similar to a music album (both are part of the entertainment industry), so it doesn't matter if the word existed before or not. Same thing for names like Ford, Windows, Apple, Gateway, etc.

Oh, must have been this then:
On Monday, November 19, 2007 the Red Hot Chili Peppers filed court documents alleging that the show inappropriately capitalizes off the band's 1999 album and single of the same name. The lawsuit claims the term is "inherently distinctive, famous and ... is widely recognized" as being associated with the band.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Californication_(TV_series)#Reaction

I really liked it! Guess there will be a 2nd season, hopefully with just as much fun and b00bs!

^Agree with ya one that, felt strange when I realised it was little Grace taking her top off. But yes, she turned out very fine indeeed... :thumbup:

I saw this when it was airing. Supposedly it'll be edited and put on CBS if the writer's strike keeps going.

^ What? How is that ever gonna happen? They're gonna have to shrink each episode into a 4 minute 'webisode' for it to be suitable for regular TV.

It's bad enough Dexter is being censored for TV, let alone this show. Still, watching the censored version should be hilarious because I'm guessing it won't make much sense.

Apparently, this show's second season debuted last night. I didn't even know they were making a second season!

Gonna go watch it, hopefully it's good. I've been wondering if Hank and Karen actually got back together or if it was just another one of Hank's alcohol and drug induced dreams. :D

yup, we're slow here in belgium as usual, and we've just begun season 1. Very very good show, would still watch without the tits.

Just about every oneliner Duchovny speaks cracks me up, so ... yeah.
Glad someone else had the same idea I had about the cute little girl from the Nanny all grown up now!

The first episode of the new season airs tonight here, and I can't wait! The first season was excellent.