Japantastic (56K warning)

Had a lot of snow here recently.
Sorry for going OT

snowy1.jpg

snowy2.jpg

snowy3.jpg

snowy4.jpg

This a Yakitori (BBQ chicken) shop, I missed the guy in the window cos I was too slow. Meat on a stick and a can of beer after work, cant beat it.

Yakitori.jpg

A beautiful park.

park.jpg

Lorisner K50 (whatever that means)

lorisnerk50.jpg

Another EVO wagon

evowgn2.jpg

And the reason Im posting today... I was excited to get my GT-R promo DVD in the mail today (not for sale), but I dont want to open and watch it in case it becomes valuable in the future. Guess I'll have to order another one under another name.

gtrdvd.jpg

Had a lot of snow here recently.
Sorry for going OT

snowy1.jpg

snowy2.jpg

I know up in Hokkaido the streets have a constant flow of warm water to melt the snow, but I guess Tokyo doesn't have that system installed. The streets look dangerous to me; mushed-up snow is more slippery than packed snow, because I slipped and fell and couple of days ago when I thought the wet and mushy white stuff was safe to step on! :lol:

Cool pics, I wish we had snow :((((

Yeah, I thought I'd head out and take some pics so we headed to the Emperors palace where I thought it might look nice. After 10 minutes my shoes were soaked through and I was walking in water, my jeans were soaked up to my knees and my balls were rubbing against my kidneys :(. Not pleasant.

I know up in Hokkaido the streets have a constant flow of warm water to melt the snow, but I guess Tokyo doesn't have that system installed. The streets look dangerous to me; mushed-up snow is more slippery than packed snow, because I slipped and fell and couple of days ago when I thought the wet and mushy white stuff was safe to step on!

When I went to Hokkaido, I was having serious trouble just walking around. Choosing to go sightseeing in winter was a bad idea.

I want that evo wagon. Badly.

I don't know if its cos they're a little rare, or what, but I think the wagon looks pretty sweet. I don't think they were exported, but I wonder how many have been exported as personal imports and the like.

OK, Im going to post some ugliness, so if you're a sensitive type, avert your eyes!

Suicide doors anyone?

doors.jpg

Toyota madness

duet2.jpg

duet1.jpg

OK, this car obviously had 2 design teams, one for the front half, and one for the back half. One team thought they were designing a sedan and the other thought they were designing a people mover.

ugly11.jpg

And this one is similar. They needed a wagon. Conversation goes something like this...

Theres a sedan, lets just make it longer (grabs ruler), like this.

Shouldnt the rear window follow the line of the doors?

You're fired!

uglywgn.jpg

The Toyota Duet isn't that bad, is just a Daihatsu Sirion with a Toyota badge.
Also, I sort of like the Yaris Verso (Go ahead, flame me)
But the last one is truly horrific, they just ran out of ideas :lol:

The pictures dont really show how weird this Terios Kid is. Its slab-sided, trying to look like an off-roader, riding on 10" rims.

terios1.jpg

terios2.jpg

I think this is a Japan only model, the Lapin.

lapin1.jpg

lapin2.jpg

lapin3.jpg

lapin4.jpg

The Toyota Duet isn't that bad, is just a Daihatsu Sirion with a Toyota badge.
Also, I sort of like the Yaris Verso (Go ahead, flame me)
But the last one is truly horrific, they just ran out of ideas :lol:

Or the Sirion is a Toyota with a Daihatsu badge ;)
At least the Yaris has a crumple zone, I guess that could be a selling point.

If you can name the car that belongs to this grille, I'll buy you a beer.
(actually I dont know the answer, so you'll have to post a pic)

grille1.jpg

Double or nothing, what is this car, and what is it based on?

progress.jpg

Oh, I forgot this one. They had the panel moulds leftover from one car and decided to make use of them, even though they dont match the doors at all.

move1.jpg

move2.jpg

R1 (I called it an R2 before, but thats slightly different).

r1rear.jpg

Suzuki stripped back the scooter to the bare essentials and came up with the ChoiNori. Its nearly half the price of most scooters, close to $500 new, but not far off a motorized bicycle.

choinori.jpg

This guys either going camping, been camping, or just wants to look like capming is his hobby. Even has a fishing rod on the back.

ps250camp.jpg

Another big scooter.

scooterbigbluewhite1.jpg

scooterbigbluewhite2.jpg

The modern day penny farthing. I dont know why, but Ive seen a few of these around lately.

pennyfarthing.jpg

And a bike taxi.

ecotaxi.jpg

Is this a Primera?

primera2.jpg

primera1.jpg

I'm pretty sure, it isn't. Primera has different headlights.
hansvonaxion said:
It looks like Toyota Yaris.

I can see from your pictures, that there is no a car without bodykit in Japan.
These small cars with tiny wheels look funny.
'Funcargo' that's relevant!