The Time is Nigh...

I skipped from page 1 to 5, but S60R FTW. Looks like you've already narrowed that down, but I thought I'd add my $0.02 anyway. Also consider with that particular silver above, if you plan to regularly detail the car to a reasonable extent, your efforts won't be noticed vs. just letting some dirt build up on it. If you're not into regularly washing/detailing the paint though, it'll still look good, and in that case I'd recommend it.

that particular silver

I've always been partial to darker colour cars, but with my last GTI (black) there were so chips in the hood that when I would wax it, they would stand out like big white exclamation points. So I wanna go with a lighter-than-black colour. That's why the original S60Rs charcoal gray was perfect. The car I'm stuck driving now is a god awful, drab, GM shade of silver and I've discovered it's not my style at all.

Now if these guys from the Volvo dealer would call me back...

I've always been partial to darker colour cars, but with my last GTI (black) there were so chips in the hood that when I would wax it, they would stand out like big white exclamation points. So I wanna go with a lighter-than-black colour. That's why the original S60Rs charcoal gray was perfect. The car I'm stuck driving now is a god awful, drab, GM shade of silver and I've discovered it's not my style at all.

Now if these guys from the Volvo dealer would call me back...

I agree, that first color is sharp...that silver is definitely plain. I thought that with my religious detailing routine and the fact I bought my bike new would keep a perfect black paint. I still notice some real minor flaws that bother me a little.

Any updates?

Yes and no.

I test drove two S60Rs and really fell in love with them. The second one was at a dealer near our family's store. It was a great car with 37k miles, but it had a huge crutch, a beige interior. I dunno why, but I just hate them and can't have a car with one. More importantly though, it looked like someone had literally lived in it for 35 of the 37k miles. The front seats had weird streak marks and stains on them like someone had tried to treat them with a caustic solution rather than proper leather treatment. I picked up the arm rest to look in the cubby between the seats and there were soda stains underneath the lid like someone split on the top, it ran underneath, and they forgot to clean it. There were a few other issues, but the dealer said they would take care of those, but regarding the interior I was on my own.

We talked to them about financing and the interest rate they gave me was retarded in my eyes. So we called our bank and after 20 minutes of being on the phone they gave us a figure that was two whole percentage points less than the dealer. I shouldn't rag on the dealer this bad because they were willing to sell knock the price down (because of the interior) from $23,9 to $20,9 without haggling at all. Three thousand is a big chunk, but they said "You could always go to a place that could dye the leathers"... yeah like I wanna go through that headache.

What it comes down to is based on payments, insurance rates, and overall enjoyment of the car, the S60R will probably be the car for me. I now just have to wait and find the right one near me. I wanted to buy a new car by the end of February, but I think waiting and saving a few more paychecks (2-6 weeks) would be in my best interest.