Audi R8 or Nissan GT-R?

Audi R8 or Nissan GT-R?

• Total voters

Danny Tran

or <br /><div class="bigusername">Tranny Dan?</div
Regardless of which is the faster or a better car, or which is a "real" super car, which would you get if it were your own money?

These are two very interesting cars but I reckon that the GT-R does keep me awake far more. I can't explain it with objective arguments such as japanese reliability, adaptive 4WD, 4 seats or even the looks. All I know is I want one.

Here's the Top Gear magazine review:

Tokyo, 2am. Audi's R8 faces its new nemesis, the Nissan GT-R. Join us, and the Stig, for the big fight live
http://www.topgear.com/content/features/stories/2008/02/stories/07/1.html

R8 hands down.

*goes to read the article*

R8, even if the GTR is faster, I can get a proper manual gearbox in an R8 and for that reason above all others I would take the Audi.

GT-R all day every day.

The R8 bores me. It is what Japanese sports cars were 15 years ago. Compared to their competition; sensible, capable, but mundane.

The GT-R excites me; they set out to make the best car in the real world. Audi set out to tick the boxes to compete in a market.

Last edited:
ZR1 :p

Between the two I would go for the R8, for whatever reason I never found the GTR to be all that interesting.

To me, the R8 is just a Gallardo with an RS4 V8. The GTR, however, is something else.

GT-R all day every day.

The R8 bores me. It is what Japanese sports cars were 15 years ago. Compared to their competition; sensible, capable, but mundane.

The GT-R excites me; they set out to make the best car in the real world. Audi set out to tick the boxes to compete in a market.

I dont know of any 420 hp, mid engine 15 year old japanese sportscars.. no offense

according to reviews of both cars I would pick the R8, hands down
as stupid as this may seem, the GTR represents almost everything I hate in a car ( I know its fast but like I said this sounds stupid)

plus, I think if you modify an R8 it doesnt explode

Never thought I'd live to see the day where the German car is seen as more soulful, but it IS going against a Japanese car.

Hmm, would a ZR-1 be considered as being soulful? ...nah, I don't want to start that argument again. R8 for me until my Alfa 8C comes back from the menders.

I would take the R8 over the GT-R. The issue with the GT-R is the fact that it has lost what made the old GT-R cool, which would be the ability to tune it. There is also too much technology in it, it does alot of the driving for you. While the Audi has the same kind of computerized AWD system and stability control, and even the trick rheomagnetic suspension it still comes with a manual, it has no special tuning provisions and for Audi it's something new. The GT-R is while a departure from the Skylines of old, is not really all that new, it's an evolution on the old GT-R. The R8 is completely different from anything Audi ever made before, this is what makes it cool for me.

I dont know of any 420 hp, mid engine 15 year old japanese sportscars.. no offense

Yeah, I wasn't talking about figures, like I said;

Compared to their competition; sensible, capable, but mundane.

I know most people see the GT-R like that, but the Audi has it worse to me.

R8 for me. The R8 says "sports car, with class". The GT-R says, "Fast and The Furious 4 casting call."

I for one, do not want to drive a car that is the drooling mastabatory fantasy of every guy that drives a Civic with a triple-wing.