Test Drove a Couple Cars today, looking at more later this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://pic.armedcats.net/2007/12/28/tokyoru5ih8.gif

Or a BMW with a 16-year old driver.

[/thread]

Reactions: Loz
I took it into a turn and ended up going into the other lane.

I immediatly tried to turn the traction control off (couldnt figure it out at all.) but i floored it a couple times from lights, felt nearly as fast as an 04-05 G35

With quotes like that breakfromyou is dead on the money I would say. The concept of a gung-ho 16 year old in a car as fast and expensive as these frightens me to death.

(just realised that sentence is a bit morbid, my apologies)

Unless you are going to embark on an extensive driver training program in these sports cars, get something slow, cheap to fix, reliable and easy on fuel.

Either way, for the love of god, whatever you do, DO NOT CLICK THIS BUTTON.

34ebw61.jpg

[/real real thread]

Just get a used corvette

[/real thread]

As far as used Corvettes go I'd wait until the C6s become a bit more affordable. Yes the C5s are decent, but the C6 from what I've heard is much much better.

Edit: I agree with the above posts, DO NOT TURN OFF THE TRACTION CONTROL ON PUBLIC ROADS; go to a track. Trust me, a fast lightish rear wheel drive car without traction control can be tricky when things get slippery. There is no reason to turn off the traction control on public roads. The only reason people do disable it is to show off, and this creates problems for themselves and those around them.

Last edited:
Even though you're only 16, I say go with the BMW. You'll be happier with it... Unless you are planning on ricing it out, then stick to the G35. It would be a shame to ruin a perfectly good BMW.

^i dont rice cars haha. I just want a good car thats going to last a long time.

Mom wont buy me a tin can nor a Honda. So thats kinda out of the picture.

I guess iv just earned the respect from my parents. I dont drive like an asshat. normally i just cruise around, and figured id do some comparing seeing as they are all comparably priced to the G. That and i wanted to see why you guys all think BMWs are special haha.

And now i know. The car drove amazing. i would never buy new though. Way to much money.

She also said i cant get an Audi because she hates fixing them (she works for allstate).

Met up with a cool guy that was like "whatever." He was younger and showed me lots of cars in my price range (24k and under) then he asked if i wanted to drive one.
Mate, you're SIXTEEN! How can anybody be younger than 16 and be allowed to let you test drive cars at a dealership? :blink:

Man, I'm just glad I don't live anywhere near Minnesota.
Mom wont buy me a tin can nor a Honda. So thats kinda out of the picture.
How is buying a Honda going to be any different than being handed a $24,000 German luxury car from your parents? Here's a bit of advice: if your parents really truly respect you, then you better work damn hard NOT to lose that trust. Trust me, I'm still living off the mistakes I made when I was 16 and without the luxury to be handed the keys to a BMW. Don't make them think they made a mistake by doing something fucking retarded like driving like a cock (it's tempting, trust me), getting too many speeding tickets, wrecking it, and drinking and driving (it's even more tempting).

Last edited:
Mate, you're SIXTEEN! How can anybody be younger than 16 and be allowed to let you test drive cars at a dealership? :blink:

Man, I'm just glad I don't live anywhere near Minnesota.

How is buying a Honda going to be any different than being handed a $24,000 German luxury car from your parents? Here's a bit of advice: if your parents really truly respect you, then you better work damn hard NOT to lose that trust. Trust me, I'm still living off the mistakes I made when I was 16 and without the luxury to be handed the keys to a BMW. Don't make them think they made a mistake by doing something fucking retarded like driving like a cock (it's tempting, trust me), getting too many speeding tickets, wrecking it, and drinking and driving (it's even more tempting).

Im gone throguh that stage dude. it was fun for the first month and a half of driving, but when you start looking at your fuel bills, it slows you down. Everbody says EVERY teen drives like a nutcase, but that isnt true at all.

I dont speed, i dont drive like a nutcase, i dont swerve in and out of traffic. I jsut DONT. Believe me or not, i actually drive SMART.

Mom wont buy me a Honda because 1. She wants me in a safe car. 2. She hates Hondas. 3 She works for Allstate and all she gets is reports on stolen hondas.

Im gone throguh that stage dude. it was fun for the first month and a half of driving, but when you start looking at your fuel bills, it slows you down. Everbody says EVERY teen drives like a nutcase, but that isnt true at all.

I dont speed, i dont drive like a nutcase, i dont swerve in and out of traffic. I jsut DONT. Believe me or not, i actually drive SMART.

I immediatly tried to turn the traction control off (couldnt figure it out at all.) but i floored it a couple times from lights, felt nearly as fast as an 04-05 G35, and just left that dumb C class behind.

Yea, i'm trying to be cool to you, but stay the hell away from that traction control button.
It was SO invasive. You couldnt give it the gas at all.

Its called TEST driving. Im not gonna put around like a granny. I will be doing that in traffic every day.

It was SO invasive. You couldnt give it the gas at all.

Its called TEST driving. Im not gonna put around like a granny. I will be doing that in traffic every day.

For the love of God stay away from Washington than.:shock2:

You're not supposed to drive fast at all when you're 16.

Sorry, but its true. I know i sound like an old man at 22, but i have half a decade of driving experience more then you, dont touch the damn traction control! Its there to save untalanted drivers (like yourself) who think they are jeremy clarkson. And i'll let you in on a little top gear secret: clarkson spins off quite a lot more then they show on TV. Notice it always cuts away right as he reaches the maximum angle the car can take, and we just assume he's a driving god, and not a fat old newspaper reporter? :D

Anyway guys, its not like he's getting a M3 or anything, its just a 'nilla BMW 3 series, not a particularly quick car. As long as he drives like he says he will, he should be alright.

Just make sure its a manual, you'll thank me later. ( i really regret getting an auto as my first car, it makes it so hard to learn stick)

Last edited:
You got to test drive from the dealership at 16? They won't allow anyone under 18 to test drive a car around here.

^ You'll be flooring it around in traffic, burning rubber? In that case, you should have a Lada, a car incapable of rapid movement of the rear tyres.

Noooo, i drive like a granny everyday. Why would i do it on the 'test' drive?

You're not supposed to drive fast at all when you're 16.

Sorry, but its true. I know i sound like an old man at 22, but i have half a decade of driving experience more then you, dont touch the damn traction control! Its there to save untalanted drivers (like yourself) who think they are jeremy clarkson. And i'll let you in on a little top gear secret: clarkson spins off quite a lot more then they show on TV. Notice it always cuts away right as he reaches the maximum angle the car can take, and we just assume he's a driving god, and not a fat old newspaper reporter? :D

Anyway guys, its not like he's getting a M3 or anything, its just a 'nilla BMW 3 series, not a particularly quick car. As long as he drives like he says he will, he should be alright.

Just make sure its a manual, you'll thank me later. ( i really regret getting an auto as my first car, it makes it so hard to learn stick)

Im just torn. I know how to drive a 6mt. But im trying to find exactly what i want for the right price.

Seriously, listen to matt. You WANT a manual car. I am so happy that I got a manual for my first car, it makes you a better driver. Also, I agree on the stability control. Its there for a reason.

Noooo, i drive like a granny everyday. Why would i do it on the 'test' drive?

Because it's not your car to break? I hate people that have no respect for other peoples things. They usually are the same people who's mommy buys them BMW's or Infiniti's when they are 16.

Status
Not open for further replies.