I made a bold move...

Grats on the new car. I think it looks great.

That is because every other car in montana is a subaru
For Missoula, Yeah I'd say so...they'er close to the rockies compared to where I was (Malmstrom AFB...plains area). Not so much of a big Subaru market...dealership was bunched up in the back building of the Pontaic/Saturn dealer :lol:

The rest of them swarm the streets in their Civics, Cavaliers and CRX's trying to cause trouble, and asking about what your car has...It's a fairly big college town for the state. Just a little suprised that they'd get one.

Last edited:
you guys are so luky ! in denmark you cant eaven get a freaking 2005 polo for that price you paid (sry i complains again but i really hate the dk prices :,(

Last edited:
Oh god I wish mine would come earlier...do the seats feel more to bolster you in? The WRX felt like the bolsters are a littler higher up.

I would say a tad wider, nothing poking into your side. A co-worker, who is about your size but a bit shorter says it is a perfect fit for him.

Oh, and what tires are they running? The Dunlops?

Yep! Surprised me, It has been BS's for God knows how many years. Tires look as agressive if not more than the Bridgestone's.

I guess it's all about location, location, location. I was bored and was sifting through the dealerships of states I used be in (California & Motana whilst a driver)...and freaking Missoula, MT has one...out of all the lame places, that is one of them. Not even the Lancaster/Palmdale area has one...would have to go all the way to Long Beach I was still living at Edwards.

Well, we are right off of Interstate 88... ;) But it is a 3 1/2 hour drive. :(

Got a question though Jay since your a Subie shop guy, do you know if my car still hasn't hit U.S. Soil yet, am I able to ask the dealer to see if I can get the information of the cargo ship it's traveling on?

I can find out, and give you an answer any which way. Usually they are unloaded in Long Beach California, then go to, depending on region, a location where they are further distributed by sub-region.

I would say a tad wider, nothing poking into your side. A co-worker, who is about your size but a bit shorter says it is a perfect fit for him.
Awesome, sitting in the new WRX I liked those.
Yep! Surprised me, It has been BS's for God knows how many years. Tires look as agressive if not more than the Bridgestone's.
Do they look more of the all-weather type? I was wondering which ones they are exactly...I haven't been able to get any info on the tires.
I can find out, and give you an answer any which way. Usually they are unloaded in Long Beach California, then go to, depending on region, a location where they are further distributed by sub-region.
Well let me know if you need any certain info...I'm not entirely sure whether or not my car was built when I ordered it..hence thinking it might be on the high seas somewhere. I'd just be neat to know it's almost here before the dealer does :mrgreen:

Last edited:
I've wanted to puke on every picture of the new Imprezas I've seen, especially the new STi, but then I saw the new ones at a car show last weekend (they had an STi too!) and I have to say the new Impreza is a pretty sweet looking ride. I guess it's just not photogenic at all.

Well, I emailed the dealer about wanting to find where my car is...and here's the answer:
Great question! I am doing some checking on that for you. At the moment, Subaru has not assigned a VIN to your order/car yet, so I am sure it is still in the production stages. Usually, once in the 'line', they will assign it a VIN. Hopefully, once they assign this, we can somehow use it to track the car's ship. So far, all we have is the Order number. I'll try to find out more info and let you know as I find out.
So I might be still waiting untill mid-Feb for it I'm guessing, if it hasn't gotten past production yet. I'm kinda suprised that Subaru hasn't given any of us who pre-ordered the car much of a priority, since there are a good amount at dealers now. But as long is it gets to me exactly as I specified, I'll be happy.

I've wanted to puke on every picture of the new Imprezas I've seen, especially the new STi, but then I saw the new ones at a car show last weekend (they had an STi too!) and I have to say the new Impreza is a pretty sweet looking ride. I guess it's just not photogenic at all.
You've been converted just like a lot of us, whatever the car's got to make us like it...it happened :D

Last edited:
Well, looks like the dealer answered your shipping question; I was going to type the same response.

As for the tires, they are Dunlop Sport SP600. So new not even The Tire Rack has a review of them yet.

Oh god I wish mine would come earlier...do the seats feel more to bolster you in? The WRX felt like the bolsters are a littler higher up.
Wider? Ugh, one of my only beefs with the 2004 STI is that the seat is a bit too wide for my liking. (And I'm not exactly small.)
Did they narrow it in the following years?

As for the tires, they are Dunlop Sport SP600. So new not even The Tire Rack has a review of them yet.
What's the sidewall stiffness like on those?
I'm sure they're less than the RE070's since you practically could take a sledge hammer to them and they still wouldn't budge.

What's the sidewall stiffness like on those?
I'm sure they're less than the RE070's since you practically could take a sledge hammer to them and they still wouldn't budge.

My dealership finally moved the car inside, so I was able to "thumb test" the sidewalls; they are about half the stiffness of the RE070's...I am thinking that the Bridgestones were used to make up for the chassis.

Well, got the VON from the dealer. Three dealerships in Iowa have STI's now, so they called up a Subaru rep to see what's up..and the VON is all they had...kinda frustrating.

Not sure what good the VON # does for me, no idea where to use it. :p

Jay, you have any idea if it's useful? I've been searching NASIOC...can't see that anyone has tried it, might post there and see if they can lead me to a website.

Last edited:
Thought I'd show the scans of the product guide I got :D

http://img253.imageshack.**/img253/2479/img048cy8.th.jpghttp://img212.imageshack.**/img212/6323/img049vg8.th.jpghttp://img181.imageshack.**/img181/9449/lastpageac4.th.jpg
http://img181.imageshack.**/img181/7550/img050gr5.th.jpghttp://img181.imageshack.**/img181/7708/img051rd5.th.jpg

Running out of things to do while I wait :(

Last edited:
Another update...

Got a call yesterday, was told that a shipment of 8 cars (including mine) has a new estimated date of March 14th :(. He said that this is a "pre-caution" that the cars might be a day late, so they're playing it safe about not being here on time. But he still expects it to not be that much longer.

So I went ahead and told him to look for another Dark Grey STI within borders of Iowa, but the only one is North Shore Subaru in Illinios...and according to his database (jayhawk could you maybe confirm this?) that it was damaged coming off the transport.

Then he told me the whole deal of there being STI's already at dealerships in Iowa, but not at their dealership due to volume sales and history of STI orders at those dealers. Also told me that there was a period of ordering that was allowed for having one in for inventory, and not on that was already sold.

So I'm a bit pissed, gave him a peice of my mind about it being pushed back twice already. So...not sure about what to do now...all I can do is wait :(

i'm sure it'll be worth the wait, it is a beautiful car. congrats! it'll be great once it's in your hands.

Damaged coming off the truck? How pissed would you be if your BRAND NEW STi was damaged coming off a truck. I would demand money back :lol:

I know you're mad, I dont blame you, but imagine if your car was damaged and you had to wait even longer. Just sit on your hands for now and pray no one incompetent touches your baby.

I hate waiting for my car too, waiting for the right one to hop into my lap, but I know it'll be worth it. In your case it definitely will be worth it.

And once you take that first drive, sleep in it that first night (what?... it's what I plan on doing :lol:), and have that first week of living with it, you'll forget about any and all wait time.

You lucky man... You should have a lot of fun in your new Impreza once you get it. Too bad that you've been pushed back (I know a bit what it's like, I got pushed back over 2 months with the payment of my ticket to the Hungarian F1 GP last year), but when it arrives, it's going to be all the sweeter.

Looking forward to the time when I'll be in your place, waiting for my new car. I envy you, but not in a bad way.

You'll enjoy it man. I really want to get one eventually, white with gold rims. I'm gonna save up once I get some money inflow, and then I'll have a Daily and a Weekend car. Of course, I have WRX swap plans with my current car after a while :-D

Man, when it comes your head is going to explode. :D