The Grand Unified Top Gear Australia Audition Video Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend of someone over on my forum has recieved a callback telling them they have progressed to stage 2. Interestingly, the caller said they were glad he had understood what they were looking for in the audition tapes. They just wanted people to answer the questions and sell themselves to the camera.

There's hope for me yet! :p Perhaps because there are so many videos to choose from, they have to be strict with the criteria?

That said, many of the guys who deviated from the audition brief have done a sensational job, and should be very proud of their respective videos. It would be a bit sad if these guys missed out on a shot because the video didn't tick all the boxes, but were very good in their own right.

Last edited:
You have to remember that for 2 of the 3 months the audition was open ... the SBS website did not have any criteria for the video ... and (it is my guess) that they listed a "criteria" on the website in response to the 1000's of people who couldn't really think of what to put in their videos ... so comments by stiggie as to SBS's response to his mates call back ... grain of salt folks, grain of salt.

Yeah, we have contradicting stories here. The news says that they are weeks away from a short-list and now theres a claim about someone getting a call-back...Don't you love the internet ;)

Tim ...

You're a smart bloke, they let you into deakin, do the maths ...

4000 applications x 10 minutes / 60 mintues / 10 hours per day = 67 days

Based on youtube as a sample group, more than half the applications are rubbish, so now you're down to 33.5 days to assess all "worthy" applications ...

So at the outside 1 Feb + 33.5 days = 5 Mar date for short list ...

CU

Tone, remember:

"There's no such thing as bad publicity!"

It's so easy to criticise.

And given Steve Chan's in there too, you're in good company!

Last edited:
so comments by stiggie as to SBS's response to his mates call back ... grain of salt folks, grain of salt.

Actually the guy who said he was glad it wasn't a mini episode was from Freehand Productions, not SBS.

"There's no such thing as bad publicity!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

If nothing else, I'm well on my way to becoming an Internet Phenomenon, which is quite cool in its own perverse way (I've always wanted my own Wikipedia entry!). That said, a telegram/phonecall from the REAL Jeremy Clarkson telling me to stick my video up my arse would be a dream come true. :D

If I can put my serious hat on for a moment ... I'm flattered that people actually give enough of a shit to not only watch the video, but to get so annoyed by it that they just have to give me a serve ...! So, yeah ... thanks ...

Last edited:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

If nothing else, I'm well on my way to becoming an Internet Phenomenon, which is quite cool in its own perverse way (I've always wanted my own Wikipedia entry!).

That said, a telegram/phonecall from the REAL Jeremy Clarkson telling me to stick my video up my arse would be a dream come true. :D

Mr Clarkson is more likely to say that shipping the criminals and nutters off to Van Deimans land 200 years ago was because they saw you coming ...

:)

But it does strike a note with something I said earlier ... "it is very easy to critize" ... and that whomever is selected as a host will need to be "beyond reproach" ... beyond critisism ...

yeah, I had a couple unhappy comments from commodore drivers about my vid...I guess I've learned that if you say bad things about commodores or falcons, ur gonna have alot of people not like you.

Clarkson bags cars out all the time...and often for little things that don't matter that much...Ie, American cars...the americans must hate him!! The show is an opinionated show so there will be a lot of controversy...

... "it is very easy to critize" ... and that whomever is selected as a host will need to be "beyond reproach" ... beyond critisism ...

You'll love my response to the good people of caradvice.com.au, then ...

Wow. I have a fan club ? of sorts.

I?m flattered that so many people have not only sat through this video, but have been motivated enough to pass comment on it. I?m also flattered that this video has made it onto this site ? as a periodic lurker, it really was a bit of a shock to see myself and my erstwhile left testicle staring at me in this most unlikely of places.

Thanks for the good lovin?, and for those who believe that the video is overtly Clarksonesque, I?ll level with you ? I was actually trying to be James May. But don?t tell anyone, it can be our delicious little secret.

All the best,
Tone (a.k.a. that monotesticular Astra victim)

Ok ladies, I called Freehand this morning to ask if they've started calling people.

"Yes."

Have they finished calling people?

"No, definitely not. It's going to be a very long process."

So Stiggie's forum member's friend is most likely on the up and up, but it's not over until they've hired a fat lady and she sings.

Last edited:
On another note, Clarkpants, you should ring them if you've not received a confirmation. You might be able to resubmit if it was lost.

Ok ladies, I called Freehand this morning to ask if they've started calling people.

"Yes."

Have they finished calling people?

"No, definitely not. It's going to be a very long process."

So Stiggie's forum member's friend is most likely on the up and up, but it's not over until they've hired a fat lady and she sings.

Update: My forum member now knows two people who have progressed to stage two and they had their interviews with Freehand on sunday. One of them only submitted their tape on the second last day, so perhaps Freehand aren't reviewing them in chronological order.

Status
Not open for further replies.