Ugliest rear end? New MINI Clubman JCW

British_Rover

Car(s)
2005 Gr Cherokee, dealer demo
I loved my MINI I really did and I loved the couple of JCW minis I have had a chance to drive or ride in including a MINI Cooper S JCW GP that was so bad ass.

I was excited about the clubman because I thought it would be could possibly be the greatest sub-compact/compact performance vehicle you can buy in the US but...

The back end oh man I can't get over how nasty it is and I finally understand how people can't get over the back end of the Disco3/LR3. The new MINI Clubman S John Cooper Works takes the cake though as the ugliest rear end I have seen on a car in as long as I can remember.

The full gallery is here...
http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2008-john-cooper-works-mini-and-clubman/660415/

This photo sums it up well...

MINIREAR.jpg

There is just way too much stuff going on back there and all the contrasting black stuff is way over the top and NOT optional. You can deduct the stripes I think but everything else including the hideous contrasting surround cannot be removed. I think I could get over the back end if I could get it as body colored. I don't understand why MINI which has always been one of the most customizable vehicles would make that contrasting surround non-deletable. I hope they make that change like they did for the contrasting roofs on the first new MINIs.

Looks like Spidermans retarded gay cousins crippled dogs diarrhea.

If I saw one of those stopped in front of me I'd crash into it on purpose just so I wouldn't have to sit there looking at it as I wait for the light to turn green.

That is a rather foul back end, I'll grant you that. But the ugliest?

Never. Not when the Ssangyong Rodius still lives.

ssangyong-rodius-1.jpg

That is a rather foul back end, I'll grant you that. But the ugliest?

Never. Not when the Ssangyong Rodius still lives.

ssangyong-rodius-1.jpg

Well that is why I put a questions mark in the subject line.

Not sure if that car beats the Clubman JCW though.

Holy Jesus..what is that?

WHO THE FUCK green lighted this POS anyway. I see these things being tested around near BMW's offices in Bracknell and they look godawful!

What I like about the clubman is mini claiming that for us and the UK it doesn't matter that the long door opens out into traffic, I wonder if they're suggesting it's not a very useful feature at all.

Holy Jesus..what is that?

WHO THE FUCK green lighted this POS anyway. I see these things being tested around near BMW's offices in Bracknell and they look godawful!

The same people who green-lighted this:

https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/02/25/bmw7seriescars.jpg

No, it's not ugliest rear end. There is Pontiac Aztek!

Pontiac-Aztek-2002.jpg

That car answers the question:

"Can you over design something?"

What I like about the clubman is mini claiming that for us and the UK it doesn't matter that the long door opens out into traffic, I wonder if they're suggesting it's not a very useful feature at all.

UK and AUS you mean.