"Youth is wasted on the young" a continuation of Alok's roadtrip

I would jump at the chance to be 17 again.
Considering your age is 18...you would be in for a great difference :lol:
But i understand what you were saying. Aging at own will sounds good.

I would jump at the chance to be 17 again.

Yeah, me too. I was 17 when I broke two vertebrae and haven't walked (or done a lot of other things) since then. So many people take youth for granted. Enjoy it while you can! Life can change in an instant.....

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTJ7AzBIJoI[/YOUTUBE]

sigh

:bunny:

Jay, amazing post, really it was. I've been ignoring reading it till I had a decent chunk of time to read all of it and really dwell on it.

Fall in love. Find someone that you are absolutely gaga for. A love so wild and irrational, it makes you want to hug random people just because of the intense, unbridled emotions you get from love. Make sure every day you have with that person counts, like it your last day on Earth and both of you know it.

NEVER EVER take love for granted, it can easily slip as fast as it came. The next time you and the person you are love with are making love, gaze into each others eye's throughout; get lost in all that wild lust and carnage, look deeper into the soul of the person you love , and know that while that youth is beautiful and fleeting,

Love is forever.

Wow... given what happened to me yesterday, this is NOT what I needed to read... :(. But true nonetheless...

I was not sad as I knew that if I had taken her along, she wouldn't have enjoyed/appreciated it as much as I would. I take so much interest in Military history, WWI and II especially, that I know that no-one I know, no one, would ever appreciate seeing the former battlefields or the D-Day beaches as much as I ever will. It would diminish the experience for me. I would want to be alone, so I could think about everything.

The next time I go to Europe, and there will be a next time, I'm going to be by myself and make my way around the former battlefields, thinking thoughts of my own, not having to worry about if the other person I'm with is bored and so on.

I know I joke about it a ton on here and facebook, but this is really one of the reasons why I think it would be awesome to travel with you. I want to experience the eerie silence and somber aura of a WWI battle field or a WWII beach. I want nothing more than my first trip to Europe to include a full day at the French beaches and cemeteries.

In my head there would be nothing like sitting there looking out on a beach, knowing how many people died there fighting for what they believed in. The only noises being the surf and the breeze blowing by, and yet they are completely muted by the mental images of gunfire, cries for help, and the smell of gunpowder.

God, that'd be amazing. What an experience...

Yeah, me too. I was 17 when I broke two vertebrae and haven't walked (or done a lot of other things) since then. So many people take youth for granted. Enjoy it while you can! Life can change in an instant.....

I actually looked at your avatar yesterday and noticed it was a bloke in a wheelchair, and I was wondering what the significance of that was...

sigh

I LOVED that song when it came out. Thanks so much for reminding me of it... Given my current depressed mood, I think I'm gonna listen to that about a 100 times instead of studying.

Thank you for kind words, everyone. My wife was looking through this thread over my shoulder, she squeezed me tight and said "I guess you are the forums elder now".

Maybe. I suppose I do a lot of thinking of life and death, and a lot of daydreaming. I make sure everyone doesn't make the mistakes I did in my early years, I suppose it is wisdom...well, isn't that what wisdom is? Knowledge plus experience? Probably a lot of navel gazing. :|

Something to listen to while reading this thread.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXK60prBI_w[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tRXO9Q8LkY[/YOUTUBE]
Whether you know it, or want to acknowledge it, all of you have a beautiful soul inside.

Let it blossom to the world.

The trick is to stop looking for her, only then you'll notice her, and you will know it's her from the very first moment.

I have been looking for a correct way to put the idea into words for a few years now, but you have summed it up soo perfectly, I am gonna quote you from now on for the rest of my life in all those passionate speeches I give to some of my friends here.

This my friend, has been the most correct thing I have read in a very very very long time.

I have been looking for a correct way to put the idea into words for a few years now, but you have summed it up soo perfectly, I am gonna quote you from now on for the rest of my life in all those passionate speeches I give to some of my friends here.

This my friend, has been the most correct thing I have read in a very very very long time.

Happened for me too, I was looking for no one, and I married the most wonderful woman in the world..

Happened for me too, I was looking for no one, and I married the most wonderful woman in the world..

I wasn't looking for anything more than a quick drunk kiss... Yeah, 19 months later!

I know I joke about it a ton on here and facebook, but this is really one of the reasons why I think it would be awesome to travel with you. I want to experience the eerie silence and somber aura of a WWI battle field or a WWII beach. I want nothing more than my first trip to Europe to include a full day at the French beaches and cemeteries.

*sniff* I love you too, man!

But I'd spend more than a day, maybe closer to 5...

Last edited:
The Flaming Lips - Do You Realize???

I LOVE THAT SONG (wow just turned into a big girl...). Land Rover actually has a commercial out now that uses that song and I got all excited every time it's on.

"Do you realise that everyone you know someday will die..."
Seriously, what an honest, simple, yet moving line.

*sniff* I love you too, man!

But I'd spend more than a day, maybe closer to 5...

Yeah other than the whole Half-A-World between you and I, I think it'd be pretty awesome haha.

You know one thing I wish? I wish I could just stay at a certain age for as long as I wanted to until I felt ready to move on. I have been wishing that since I was like, what? 13.
At the moment I feel the perfect age for me to stay at would be 17. I don't smoke or drink alcohol, yet I can drive
Exactly my thoughts. When I was 12, I wanted to remain 12. At 14 I wanted to remain 14. So many children say they want to grow up as soon as possible, I've never said that. Now I'm 18 and I'd like to get stuck here for life, the difference is that every now and then I wish to be a young child again. I want to get away with whatever childish thing I do.

sigh

I've never seen this before, but I've listened to it about 10 times today. Thanks for posting it :)

argh Jay this has hit a massive nerve. I stayed in a relationship too long a couple of years ago then had a year long illness which continues to this day which robbed me of a lot of 07. My point is the last couple of years (which are meant to be the "crazy" years) have been lived at half capacity and man do I regret that now.

One of life's tragedies is only getting one shot. I would love love love love love love love to go back to school knowing what I know now. It was one of the most depressing times of my life at the time but man I look back with fondness on the good times.

Like Blind said though there is a flipside!! All these experiences have made me who I am and have given me what I believe is the most important thing in life.....perspective. Perspective of what is truly important. With age comes wisdom, so while I would love to go back a few years, I also look forward to seeing what I learn as I get older.

Dammit, Jay, I'm crying here.

It's not easy having serious, optimistic, or emotional conversations on the Internet, home of the sarcastic and jaded, so I have to commend you.

Last summer, circumstances arose to give me an opportunity to explore myself. A year earlier I would have shied away from anything of the sort, preferring to stay in my comfort zone, but last year was different. Maybe it was a realization that I'm not going to be young forever and that I should be outgoing and experimental while I can. Whatever the reason, I'm glad I threw caution to the wind when I did. I had an experience I'd wager few people have had, it was quite different from what I was expecting it to be like, I learned something new about myself, and I had a really good time! ;)

The reason I'm crying, however, has nothing to do with missed opportunities and has everything to do with finding that Special Someone. I could really use a woman in my life, but more and more it seems like I'm living in the wrong country if I want to find her. The standard procedure here to find a wife is through friends and relatives (not quite arranged marriage, but pretty damn close), and I just don't think it's for me.