Great job or greatest job?

vegasrebel29

Suckin' dic* bought this title
Car(s)
Chevrolet Silverado
Context: I'm going to Univ. of Glasgow in the fall, and I was looking for a job. This subsequently came up.

http://img514.imageshack.**/img514/2039/gbauctionssz8.png

Aside from perhaps doing the same thing at exponentially higher speeds, I cannot conceive of a finer occupation. The pay's a bit low though...

Any other dream jobs that are within reach of the FinalGear faithful?
I suppose this thread could double as a "HELP ME FIND A DECENT JOB FFS" thread.

There may be "fringe benefits" - like you can get a look at how this business works, and may be even get a cheap motor, perhaps?

I assume that's 5.52 pounds an hour, which is slightly less than someone gets stacking shelves at the supermarket

Pay isn't brilliant. I get 30p more than that an hour sitting on a till.

Find a job at Halford's. That way you can be in the industry.

I'm assuming that the cars in question are going to be desirable and remotely interesting, which would make the job worth it. There was an open job like that near me, but it was for a sketchy government auction lot full of repossessed or confiscated cars with blood on the seats and heroin in the rocker panels. (somebody better get that reference)

Otherwise the greatest job in the world would involve supermodels and explosions (but not exploding supermodels).

You get slightly better pay in McDonald's I think. And a free uniform and a meal allowance.

It's Glasgow so you should be looking for a job in a shop in the city center where most students work, pays decent and the discounts can be as well. Also jobs in bars and restaurants can be good for a student.

Context: I'm going to Univ. of Glasgow in the fall, and I was looking for a job. This subsequently came up.

Pay is a bit low, but if you're a part time student (especially if you're under 21), you're never unfortunately going to find a job that pays :megabux:. I've found it's better to find a job you enjoy that pays a couple pence less than one that's slightly better paid but you hate, though.

The usual student jobs are part-time shop work, or bar work or waitering, in Glasgow. All of which vary in terms of pay (bar work or waitering can be good if it's a busy place that tips a lot), and if it's part time shop work, a side benefit could be discounts.

And now to hijack the thread a bit : What're you going to be studying at Glasgow? (I'm glad you've picked my uni :D )

Just a thought - is there any paperwork you have to go through to work in the UK? Like the Green Card UK people need for the States?

sounds good, but being a actual journalist would probably be better (i.e. work payed track-time with some of the greatest cars on sale today)

Is everything about money to you people? If that's what you want to do, then do it.

The job sounds pretty neat. Driving a bunch of different cars? Why not?! It certainly beats working at McGreasel's or sitting at a till.

No, to me it's not all about the money, but it does play a significant part. And if i'm barely getting enough to pay the bills and am left with a big fat 0 at the end, you'll have to forgive me, but i have the right to rant about it.