I want to build a dream

That's awesome.

I would definitely chose a color from that time period. I personally don't like bright flashy colors.

http://img86.imageshack.**/img86/6243/porsche2091120carrera20on5.jpg

http://img86.imageshack.**/img86/5958/basicangle1142646249kl4.jpg

I have always loved 930 turbos in this color.

Porsche%20911%20SC%20P3%202.jpg

Go with brown! A more 70s color was never invented.

Brown%2009-07-06%20010%20800.jpg

Yeah, and I'm a cheerful kinda guy, so I'll take a nice bright "hey look at this thing coming down the road" color.
Can anyone photoshop one of the above pictures to this RS green off a 997:
url

^That is a 993, he has a 930

If I had photoshop then I would. Here is a 930 targa for someone to photoshop. (I would but don't have it on this computer)
DSCN8853.JPG

^That is a 993, he has a 930[/IMG]

:D you say that like there is a difference or something, lol.

I would just keep it red, the paint doesnt look that horrible, just sand the bad spots, touch up and clearcoat it. Save yourself a few hundred bucks.

It's just $400 since it doesn't have an interior (at a top notch body shop, recognized as 7th best in the world by Forbes), to "make the current paint decent" would be about $300. Why the deal? The owner is a Porsche club guy hehehehe, I think I'll have a seriously long Christmas shopping list this year!
That wide targa looks exactly like mine, except its missing the cooling ducts behind the doors.
And that's not a 993, its a 934, Deerrrrrrrr.

It's just $400 since it doesn't have an interior (at a top notch body shop, recognized as 7th best in the world by Forbes), to "make the current paint decent" would be about $300. Why the deal? The owner is a Porsche club guy hehehehe, I think I'll have a seriously long Christmas shopping list this year!
That wide targa looks exactly like mine, except its missing the cooling ducts behind the doors.
And that's not a 993, its a 934, Deerrrrrrrr.

Wow that's a nice deal, if it were me I'd be all over that already :p I'm looking at at least a grand with me doing all the prior prep and body work.

As soon as the car gets some wheels on, it's going to the paint shop. I finished the front suspension, now comes the rear.
Surprising amount of parts, cataloguing and such, things are going faster than I thought :D

Don't forget to take a SHITLOAD of pictures! You think you have enough, you won't. ;)

I have, some... But my camera was getting REALLY greasy. From today onwards I'm using latex gloves, that way I'll be able to document this crazy feat better.

Wouldn't you want to paint it with the suspension off? Since the car is entirely apart, there's no reason not to get the shell entirely stripped down and painted.

As long as the engine is out, that should be rebuilt as well; I'd bet the rubber seals are old and will otherwise start to leak as soon as you try and run the engine.

Steve

I need wheels on it to transport it back and forth, I have a trailer to attach to the mighty powerful Fabia, but I need at least a pair of wheels on the car (one axle is on the trailer, the other one on the road).
The engine will be re-done while the car is away at painting. When the car's painted it goes to an electrical guy to start wiring everything up again.
I get the painted shell with electrical system inside, then the engine, tranny and basic interior bits go in.
My first goal is to have it running, then I can concentrate on details and such.

Congratulations and good luck restoring your first Porsche...!!!

The 911 from 1975-1989 is the one with the longest production run, so the availability of parts should be of no problem. Aside from that there are several cheaper aftermarket brands for Porsche parts, such as FVD. 930 by the way is the model designation for the 1975-1989 911 Turbo. Is it a factory Turbo or is it just a wide bodied Carrera? Anyway it looks like it's going to be one really sweet car you'll be getting to drive around in when it's finished, and I'd bet any money that most of the forum, me included will be very jaleous. When it comes to colour I am a huge fan of yellow on 911s of this vintage, it has most, well in fact all to do with the Ruf CTR "Yellowbird"

Yellowbird.jpg

To be honest i kind of like the red, but the neon green that those porsche's come in always looks great on that body style.