Caterham RST-V8 Levante

Mwhaaha that's going to be mental - I want one, with flames down the side

You've just got to love Caterhams, and there "Eh? what's an airbag? Will it make the car lighter?" approach to safety

All that power, all that lightness, while being so exposed? Jebus, that's going to be one hell of a ride - terrifyingly so.

I think I'd prefer a bit more bodywork around me when dealing with that sort of power-to-weight ratio. Though I do admire and respect the utter insanity of it.

You gotta love them for making a car that's so light, so powerful.
Takes guts to even make something like that... it doesn't even have doors or a roof!

sure it won't be super aerodynamic but who cares?

That is one scary ride. Seriously, how do you manage that kind of power in something so light? I'm sure it goes like hell, but how controllable is it?

Well, as far as I know the chassis is pretty good, and also:

You'll be delighted to know that the RS gets a limited-slip diff, as well as traction and launch control in what we fear may be a futile attempt to get all that power down on the road. Perhaps more telling is that Caterham provides a two-day driver training course when you order an RS.

Traction Control - Oh dear there going soft :lol:

Sounds to me like someone has tried to turn a brick into a caparo t1. I like how unabashedly insane it is, but it'd probably be better if caterham sorted the aero a little more.

That is one scary ride. Seriously, how do you manage that kind of power in something so light? I'm sure it goes like hell, but how controllable is it?

I don't want to know. I'm not thinking about it's probable-deathtrap status. I don't care if this thing's wheels never turn.

I'm just glad that something that looks that awesome exists.

[YOUTUBE]fth3QyRkxes[/YOUTUBE]

Thats what that engine looks like in a car that weighs twice as much........oh my!

HOLY SHIT! i hope top gear reviews that monstrosity. and that engine.. incredible!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNDGx8NNP4[/YOUTUBE]

That's a video of a Caterham with the RST V8 from a few years ago.

va=insanity
One entry found.

insanity

Main Entry: in?san?i?ty
Pronunciation: \in-?sa-n?-t?\
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural in?san?i?ties
Date: 1590
1: a deranged state of the mind usually occurring as a specific disorder (as schizophrenia)
2: such unsoundness of mind or lack of understanding as prevents one from having the mental capacity required by law to enter into a particular relationship, status, or transaction or as removes one from criminal or civil responsibility
3 a: extreme folly or unreasonableness b: something utterly foolish or unreasonable
4: Caterham RS V8

[YOUTUBE]fth3QyRkxes[/YOUTUBE]

Thats what that engine looks like in a car that weighs twice as much........oh my!

Umm...no. That BMW has a naturally aspirated 3.4lt V8 Judd.

Caterham should make those rollover bars an option on all of their cars, much better looking than the standard rollover bar.

hmmm that price is hella steep. the motor is 20k and i assume the trans isn't exactly cheap but i still don't see why it costs quite that much.