What genre of music do you prefer?

What genre of music do you prefer?

• Total voters

LeMans GTR

As part of my school project, I need to gather information on which music type you guys prefer

Many Thanks.

(Also, if this thread has been done before, please let me know as I searched and couldn't find anything)

Last edited:
A lot falling under "modern rock". Metal, speed metal, heavy metal, epic metal, symphonic metal (do you see a pattern emerging), then a bunch of bands which i don't even know how to classify, but let's just keep it under "modern rock".

A lot falling under "modern rock". Metal, speed metal, heavy metal, epic metal, symphonic metal (do you see a pattern emerging), then a bunch of bands which i don't even know how to classify, but let's just keep it under "modern rock".
Gah, speed metal, etc. drives me nuts, especially when all the lyrics are screamed. >_<

Yeah, screaming is a no-no, but I do like me some fast beats.

Eurobeat.

I listen to mostly progressive rock, everything from "hippy" prog (yes, genesis, early king crimson, Flower Kings, etc) to metal prog (Dream Theater, later King Crimson, Ayreon, etc), and a whole lot in-between (Spock's Beard, Rush, 80s era Marillion, etc).

I also of course listen to more mainstream non-prog stuff like Metallica, AC/DC, and Nightwish.

All kinds of metal here! Power, Heavy, Thrash, Death, Melodic death, Symphonic black,
The harder, the better!! :devil:

Traditionally I've been real big into classic rock but lately I've really been getting into modern stuff, especially indie bands.

If anyone is feeling stalker-ish feel free to take a look. Friend requests are always appreciated! http://www.last.fm/user/KaJuN4/

Ska

Its cool, I know I drink alone on this one :beer:

Classic rock, and some prog rock based on classic rock (ie: Rush), but none of the weird crap.

Also, this poll would have been better with the ability to select multiple options, because I would have also selected classical.

'Alternative' thx.

I listen to just about everything, from stuff like The Sex Pistols to stuff like Orbital and Moby.

I don't like to keep in just one genre, listening to a wide range of music is nice.