The Melbourne Meetup Thread - 14th of October > Yarra Valley and the Spurs

Been away from FG for a while, god shit has happened since the drive day.

Hmm, another one soon will be good...

I'll have a think about what routes, maybe a cut down GOR or Thompson Dam or even an otways cruise.

I'll have to sort out a car!! The Rexxy is gone and I don't plan to go car shopping until April at the earliest.

As it stands, timing wise we'll need to plan well in advance. March is too soon, maybe April/May will be better, that gives us time to choose a route, get in early so people know to leave that weekend free and we'll also avoid easter. Easter always gets in the way of things.

Soon though, I'm itching for another good drive day!!

Last edited:
Been away from FG for a while, god shit has happened since the drive day.

Hmm, another one soon will be good...

I'll have a think about what routes, maybe a cut down GOR or Thompson Dam or even an otways cruise.

I'll have to sort out a car!! The Rexxy is gone and I don't plan to go car shopping until April at the earliest.

As it stands, timing wise we'll need to plan well in advance. March is too soon, maybe April/May will be better, that gives us time to choose a route, get in early so people know to leave that weekend free and we'll also avoid easter. Easter always gets in the way of things.

Wondered where the hell you'd been :p

Too soon for me as well, the 'teg has a few issues that I want to sort out first.

Even a pre-meet would be nice, like a catch up event on Pitlane before they block it off completely.

Then I can give back Andrew's walkie-talkie!!!!! :bow::thumbsup:

Even a pre-meet would be nice, like a catch up event on Pitlane before they block it off completely.

Then I can give back Andrew's walkie-talkie!!!!! :bow::thumbsup:

That's a good idea, one of the best places for car meets would be Garage Cafe in Carlton (Near Melbourne Uni), they let you park straight inside the restaurant.

Or Albert Park is always good :D, flyingfridge, any chance of hearing what happened to the rex or should we wait till the cruise/meet? :p

A mate of mine is managing the launch of a new car-based cafe in the Eastern Suburbs called Cafe Grip, which should be a reasonable place for car-minded people to hang out.

Or Albert Park is always good :D, flyingfridge, any chance of hearing what happened to the rex or should we wait till the cruise/meet? :p

Just sold it. Was time for it to go. I've got a company car as a daily driver and I figured if I'm going to have another car sitting in the garage i might as well make it a bit more hardcore. Late April I'll start shopping for an R33 GT-R...

Cafe Grip sounds good too.. only thing is that if they open in March, it will mean that it will be pretty crowded as it is still new. Any other suggestions? This can just be some ad-hoc thing, a small catch-up.

I'm sure we can have the cruise in Late April to accommodate flyingfridge (Late April because if we have it during school holidays, it just means bad traffic), but obviously still we should have a plan now so everyone has time to mark their Calenders.

From memory there are a few nice quiet roads around the south Gippsland Hwy that could be a good drive.

Definately not Easter... I would also want new tyres for this, I'm very close to being illegal but just milking them for what it's worth with the TWI getting closer and closer to the top...

Definately not Easter... I would also want new tyres for this, I'm very close to being illegal but just milking them for what it's worth with the TWI getting closer and closer to the top...

I'm currently illegal lol tyre wise, i also wanna get some dba slotted and cross drilled brakes and king super and ultra lows all round with new sway and shocks, so hopefully i can get this all done before we meet. If not i'll come to pre meet but might roll with someone else if we end up do a run or something.

I'm currently illegal lol tyre wise, i also wanna get some dba slotted and cross drilled brakes and king super and ultra lows all round with new sway and shocks, so hopefully i can get this all done before we meet. If not i'll come to pre meet but might roll with someone else if we end up do a run or something.

This is to stop trees being magnetized to your rear end? :lol:

I can't help myself. And yeah, I'm all good for whatever whenever. I've been keeping busy going down to Rye/Rosebud area now and then with mates and hitting the Arthur's Seat road ... Another cruise would be great. :D

Don't go kings super lows mate, they look good but handle like a whale on a space hopper. Remember Shane with the blue SS ute? he had super lows under that and a week after I took him up black spur for the first time he had swapped them out for a full set of pedders. Now she sits just right, not too low not too high and handles like a dream.

Don't go kings super lows mate, they look good but handle like a whale on a space hopper. Remember Shane with the blue SS ute? he had super lows under that and a week after I took him up black spur for the first time he had swapped them out for a full set of pedders. Now she sits just right, not too low not too high and handles like a dream.

Hmm i friend of mine has full pedders set up, nice and low and all that jazz.

So pedders>kings? What would a full shocks, springs and sway setup cost me from pedders? want it like 1.5inch lower at back and 1 at front.

hmm, dunno mate. I've had pedders on two of my cars and can only say good things about it. Long time since I've had it done though, I really can't remember the $$$