Stealth Bomber Crashes

SR-71's are amazing in person. Had this conversation yesterday in IRC, but the chance to get up close to one makes the awe-inspiring nature just that much greater.

Speaking of the SR-71, I saw one in the movie "I Am Legend". Will Smith's character, Robert Neville, is playing golf by shooting balls from the deck of a carrier on the win of an SR-71. And the one thing I thought to myself, just after thinking shooting golf balls from a navy carrier was cool, was what the hell is the SR-71 doing on that carrier? That plane was decomissioned long ago.

IMO, these are the three greatest stealth aircrafts ever made:

F-117 Nighthawk

800px-F-117_Nighthawk_Front.JPEG

Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird

765px-Lockheed_SR-71_Blackbird.jpg

B-2 Spirit

800px-B-2_Spirit_original.jpg

And they are arguable the most beautiful aircrafts ever made. <3

But if one would have to choose his/her favorite, I wonder what he/she would choose. It'd be one helluva hard choice. I personally would take the SR-71, just because it's the fastest and would give me the highest adrenaline rush. How about you?

Super high resolution pictures of the aircrafts can be found here.

Last edited:
Speaking of the SR-71, I saw one in the movie "I Am Legend". Will Smith's character, Robert Neville, is playing golf by shooting balls from the deck of a carrier on the win of an SR-71. And the one thing I thought to myself, just after thinking shooting golf balls from a navy carrier was cool, was what the hell is the SR-71 doing on that carrier? That plane was decomissioned long ago.
In New York city there's an aircraft carrier that now serves as a tourist attraction/museum and it has several aircraft on its flight deck. You can also see this carrier in the movie "National Treasure". I'm too lazy to google the name of this ship right now though :?

Here's a tip: don't argue with the people with stealth bombers. ;) But seriously this thread is getting depressing so here's some gratuitous awesome to liven it back up:

http://img502.imageshack.**/img502/2706/awesomejd8.jpg

Those are stealth fighters you idiot:rolleyes:

1. That piece of machinery is a means of defense against an attack on the United States. It protects 300 million people.

2. That piece of machinery cost the normal tax payers millions of dollars. If I were an American citizen and someone tried to break it, I would fire a shot of my own after the military was done with 'em. Guess who's pocket the repairs would come out of? And while it's on repairs, it certainly isn't flying into combat.

3. You read a law, you know the penalty is death, you know your possible executioner is feet away from you, you know that the infraction won't stand in court because there's many witnesses around ... and you still break the law? I think that's justified, who knows what other laws you've probably broken.

Okay punk, I am gonna take your entire arguement apart piece by piece:

1. How could a single person getting closer than three meters/fifteen feet endanger that machine. I know you are a simple Canadian yuppy but that doesn't mean to say that you shouldn't be able to use your common sense. One person cannot do anything from 3 metres away to a massive plane.

2. Firstly, thank hell you aren't an "American citizen". You do not deserve that privilege. Secondly, are you saying that you have a sadistic fantasy to mutilate dead/dying persons? Thirdly, "Flyning around in combat" is your way of saying killing families consisting of children, women, and men, grandparents, all innocent. Yes, the U.S.A. is the biggest killer of families in the whole WORLD. Fourthly, the tax payer has no say in what their tax money gets spent on.

3. There is no law in the United States saying "If you touch a stealth bomber you will be shot" idiot:p Secondly, the airmen are not "executioners" and witnesses would be appalled with a person was shot just for touching a piece of equipment. As a result of this the infraction on the part of the military WOULD stand up in court. And I haven't broken any laws so don't tempt me.

By the way (btw) I read your post on being a "noble man" that gives me just the picture of what sort of a backwards person you are. You do NOT represent the Canadian or American people, you only speak for youself, and you are apparently a "noble man" well let me tell you this: "Noble men" have no place in modern society or the 21 centery in general.

Flynn is sad their country's military power consists of a guy sitting in a row boat with a 9mm and a cup of tea. :p

As much as SUVs are sporty cars :p

By name yes they are, but seeing that their primary role is to take out ground targets...

Oh yeah sorry I didn't know he meant in general. Sorry buddy I must have came across abit harsh there I didn't mean you meant in general now where's that embarressed smiliely...

Flynn is sad their country's military power consists of a guy sitting in a row boat with a 9mm and a cup of tea. :p

Dude I am not one of these sados whose life is based on their countries military might. The military doesn't affect my everyday life, or even any of my life for that matter. It has absolutely no baring on my life whatsoever;)

I don't see why you've got so much reputation points when you present yourself as fairly immature. Anyway, Britain benefits from their ancestors who have gone abroad and done rather well for themselves and made this country called "America" which supplies their military and if Britain came under attack would help them to defend themselves.

Last edited:
Dude I am not one of these sados whose life is based on their countries military might. The military doesn't affect my everyday life, or even any of my life for that matter. It has absolutely no baring on my life whatsoever;)
And yet you get into Internet arguments over them. ;)

It's not a shame, they have no impact on us, the citizens. If we need help we can just call America. Let their tax payers do all the work :mrgreen:

It's not a shame, they have no impact on us, the citizens. If we need help we can just call America. Let their tax payers do all the work :mrgreen:
We kicked your ass once and well do it again. :p

As much as SUVs are sporty cars :p

By name yes they are, but seeing that their primary role is to take out ground targets...

Pretty much, although "primary role" should be "only role". The F-117 has/had no air to air capability. How it got an F designation, I'll never understand.

At the Indy 500 a few years back we had a B2 flyover. F'in super cool. As it circled it would go from a small sliver in the distance to a massive wing. Surprisingly, I kinda think it's starting to look dated. I'm not knocking it, the B2 will always be amazing, but it's 1989 origins are starting to show.

And I think the recent crash may have been partly due to a short difficult runway. But it's the military, who knows.

http://www.mefeedia.com/entry/258782/

https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/02/29/DSC05034.jpg