NEWS FLASH: Adam Carolla to host the US version of TOP GEAR...

YOU MUST LISTEN TO THIS MP3, IT WILL ANSWER EVERY DOUBT YOU HAVE.
I THINK YOU WILL BE PLEASANTLY SURPRISED!!!

http://podcast.971freefm.com/klsx1/536850.mp3

Wow. He likes cars. Not just likes cars, but likes likes cars. Hates NASCAR, admires technology, and makes the occasional hilarious analogy (fat person not losing weight and Middle East in trouble)....sound like anyone else you know? More importantly, these are things we like in our current TG presenters, and he has them. Awesome find, sporteknik. I know for sure now that he'll bring many good things to Gear.

Loveline - Adam Carolla Vs. Religion, :bow:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-8wuThIu8o[/YOUTUBE]
... he has some strong opinions and doesn?t hold back about it ... I like that.

I think he could do a good job. I have a grassroots motorsports magazine that features him and his Datsuns. Seems like a cool guy.

Well, this new clinches it for me. I will not be watching the show.

EDIT: Oh gimmie a break. Two dipshits downvoted me for not like Adam Carolla? One left the comment "Hippy." First of all, No. Secondly, what would that have to do with not liking Adam Carolla? There is more to doing a show than knowing about cars, those shows are dry and boring as hell. Carolla annoys me and I don't think he will be conducive to the show's success.

If you disagree with someone, that's fine. But don't be a pussy and neg-vote and then not even have the stones to sign your name to it. I don't retaliate against negative votes, I don't care that much, but if you don't have the spine to put your name on it then you probably should keep your vote to yourself.

Last edited:
Good, then fuck off from this subforum, stop whining and ruining it for the rest of us. (this goes for all of you complainers)

Good, then fuck off from this subforum, stop whining and ruining it for the rest of us. (this goes for all of you complainers)

kind of have to agree, the whining is annoying as hell, all of you, don't care if you rep is greener then a Ireland, its still annoying.

I wasn't a Corolla fan, but when he talks about cars i can actually listen to him, he seems like the type of guy who knows when saying something about a car is worthwhile, and when its just boring as hell.

Why are people here not allowed to dislike corolla?

Fine... most people think he will be ok.

I am only saying that, regardless of his car cred, i find his humor (and even possibly his personality) to be obnoxious.

The man show was pretty darn juvenile and I hate the blanketed idea that all men appreciate is boobs, football, and slapstick humor, even if the glove fits for 3/5 men. I can remember the theme song for that show - so awful.

So yes, maybe I do just equate adam with the manshow and get a bad feeling about him... so?

A person can have all the gear head credentials possible and still be a bad host for a show like this.

i hope he drives cars and then farts on them.

just to piss you trolls off...

"bawwwww he's not clarkson or may or hammond...bawwwwwwwwwwwwwwww"

dont think you'll like it? dont watch it...it's that simple.

I may watch him once, to give it a chance. Hopefully I don't destroy my television with a baseball bat. Juvenile humor is fine, bathroom humor is not

....because Jeremy Clarkson's humor on the British Top Gear is clearly sophisticated, non-obnoxious, and non-offensive.

LOL

Carolla is the American Clarkson with a bit more car knowledge. I don't agree with everything they say and I don't laugh at every joke they attempt to make, but dammit they are both entertaining as heck.

So yes, maybe I do just equate adam with the manshow and get a bad feeling about him... so?

So you shouldn't, and while you continue to do this we will simply reguard you as a closed-minded simpleton.

I dont think anyone actually liked that show.

some neg-repping guy said:
Couldn't disagree more... owning cars doesn't make you a car guy, having passion for cars makes you a car guy. Any rich idiot actor in CA can own old and rare vehilces, they don't have to have any great love for them. They have money to buy whatever

You raise a valid argument, why did you have to hide behind a wimpy neg-rep? While having passion for cars means that you're better off than some rich fuck who plops down some cash for an F430 so he can slip into teenage girls' panties, it also depends on the sort of car you own. Carolla, who isn't that well-known to begin with, has to be given credit for owning a vintage Datsun racer alongside that vintage Porsche 911T Carrera RS replica, and to be mentioned in a small yet dedicated magazine such as Grassroots Motorsports means that he's more dedicated than, oh I dunno, 50 Cent.

For some reason, I can't imagine Val Kilmer devoting his time and attention to "the car [that] was featured in Nissan?s ?Dream Garage? ad campaign of the late ?90s."

Well this sounds promising, I kind of like some of what he does. The fact that he's a big Datsun fan means we'll hopefully get to see some interesting old Japanese cars on the show.

With the right guy to counter his attitude (or go along with it) this show could be equally as good as the original.

It should be very entertaining/informative if they can get a stereotypical, NASCAR/pushrod-loving redneck as a counter balance :p

My concern with the American version is that the show might be inclined to show cars in a positive light just because of advertisers whereas Top Gear is free to rip on whoever they want. Typically with shows like "Motorweek" or any of the shows on Speed, any criticisms are fairly light compared to Top Gear, which is free to say they'd rather "Have bird flu than drive one of those." Oh well, I guess I'd rather have low taxes with advertisers footing the bill rather than ridiculous taxes in order to not be at an advertiser's will.

You can bet your ass that Carolla, if put on the show, wouldn't hesitate for a nanosecond to speak his mind. He comes off as a brutally honest guy. Now if you are talking about the powers that be.....well that's a-whole-nother can of worms right there.

You raise a valid argument, why did you have to hide behind a wimpy neg-rep? While having passion for cars means that you're better off than some rich fuck who plops down some cash for an F430 so he can slip into teenage girls' panties, it also depends on the sort of car you own. Carolla, who isn't that well-known to begin with, has to be given credit for owning a vintage Datsun racer alongside that vintage Porsche 911T Carrera RS replica, and to be mentioned in a small yet dedicated magazine such as Grassroots Motorsports means that he's more dedicated than, oh I dunno, 50 Cent.

For some reason, I can't imagine Val Kilmer devoting his time and attention to "the car [that] was featured in Nissan?s ?Dream Garage? ad campaign of the late ?90s."

Thank you BlaRo.

From what we know of about Carolla and his cars, it would be outrageously idiotic to think that Carolla is NOT a "car guy." :lol:

Datsun 510

Lamborghini 350GT

E30 M3

E46 M3

Yup, it is CLEARLY evident that Carolla has no passion for cars and simply has too much money to burn. LOL