Minimum post requirement for "Gear" forum

argatoga

Can't Start His Wank
Car(s)
'08 Pontiac Solstice GXP
I believe that a minimum post requirement of say 50 or so would help to significantly reduce the trollage in the forum. 90% of the posts there are spam from newly signed up members which all seem to state the exact same idiotic dribble.

This should at least be done until the show actually airs.

I agree, the last thing we need is spam and off topic flame wars... there's enough of that in the pre-ep discussions. :lol:

I think a minimum post count of 10 should be applied before you can post in any of the fora. That would stop the n00bs.

:lol:

I had to read that three times before the penny dropped! :lol:

10 post minimum for the videos section, or to start a new thread in the Gear forums?

10 post minimum for the videos section, or to start a new thread in the Gear forums?
Meh, I don't think that's needed. It's not hard to hit the lock button on new threads and yell at the maker of the thread.

Meh, I don't think that's needed. It's not hard to hit the lock button on new threads and yell at the maker of the thread.

Yea, it'd be a shame to lock away Viper's (not so) secret metal tipped leather lockban whip :p

yeah because we totally wouldn't get people just posting shit in other sections so they can access the subforum....

Yeah, that's what I thought when I read the original post. It's like that one site which used to offer HTTP TG rips, but you had to post X number of posts on their forums. I remember even I posted crap just so I could download their offerings.

What I've seen on other forums which seems to work pretty well is minimum number of words per post, in order to eliminate those one or two word useless replies. It kinda forces people to put at least 5 seconds of thought before they press submit reply.

yeah because we totally wouldn't get people just posting shit in other sections so they can access the subforum....

Yeah, that's what I thought when I read the original post. It's like that one site which used to offer HTTP TG rips, but you had to post X number of posts on their forums. I remember even I posted crap just so I could download their offerings.

What I've seen on other forums which seems to work pretty well is minimum number of words per post, in order to eliminate those one or two word useless replies. It kinda forces people to put at least 5 seconds of thought before they press submit reply.

I am just suggesting limiting the "Gear" section in this way to eliminate the newly registered trolls who come in and say the same thing over and over again. After the show has aired then it can be lifted, because at least then they can complain about specific issues with it rather than "it will just suck".

I don't see the word thing working:
gear will suxor muchxors yo lol lol lol lol lol lol loz rofl cheese is neat ya iz twill suxx x x x x x x xx x x x xxx x x x x x x xxx x x x x o o o o o rr

^ Yeah, admittedly it won't help the Gear problem. I just figured it was close enough to the topic to bring up.

I doubt anybody would abuse the word limits like that. It would just force people who put 'x2' or 'what he said' to have to at least write out a proper sentence.

I dunno, just a suggestion. To be honest I like that FinalGear has effective mods and doesn't need to resort to limits and restrictions.

Everyone has to start somewhere... and isn't a forum about having an opinion really? Sharing information is part of it, but commenting with your feelings is another. Some people don't like the idea of Gear and some do... I'm just hoping it turns out to be good, since I'm a car junkie, and I need my fix.

Everyone has to start somewhere... and isn't a forum about having an opinion really? Sharing information is part of it, but commenting with your feelings is another. Some people don't like the idea of Gear and some do... I'm just hoping it turns out to be good, since I'm a car junkie, and I need my fix.

You're right. The real issue, though, is the influx of new members joining the forum to bitch about a program that has yet to come out. Yet they still see it fit to judge a show still in planning, based on the old argument of, "Everything but the original sucks."